Installing Pull-Pull Pots for Coil Splitting...

Bucketboy

• Members

I've been trying to get mine to work in my Schecter after a while, but I can't seem to get it to be fully operational. This is the first push-pull I have attempted to install. The sound from the pickups to the amp come out fine, but the volume and the push-pull controls doesn't work. I must have wired it wrong.

I'm using 2 Dimarzio Humbuckers and a 3 way switch. I've used Dimarzio's pdf wiring stuff already.

Help?

• Members
Originally posted by Bucketboy

I've been trying to get mine to work in my Schecter after a while, but I can't seem to get it to be fully operational. This is the first push-pull I have attempted to install. The sound from the pickups to the amp come out fine, but the volume and the push-pull controls doesn't work. I must have wired it wrong.

I'm using 2 Dimarzio Humbuckers and a 3 way switch. I've used Dimarzio's pdf wiring stuff already.

Help?

i find seymour duncans wiring diagrams easier to read, cheack them out...

• Members

I'd identify the two hot outputs and ground wire from each pickup, then follow the circuit to make sure you did everything right. The Push/Pull pots are really simple once you know which wire does what. Ignore the color codes on this picture (it's for a StewMac Golden Age):

diagram_1.gif

You also need to make sure you use a heat sink (hemostats, alligator clips, whatever) when working with these pots, as the heat can damage the switch part.

Archived