Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Pull-Pull Pots for Coil Splitting...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Pull-Pull Pots for Coil Splitting...

I've been trying to get mine to work in my Schecter after a while, but I can't seem to get it to be fully operational. This is the first push-pull I have attempted to install. The sound from the pickups to the amp come out fine, but the volume and the push-pull controls doesn't work. I must have wired it wrong.

I'm using 2 Dimarzio Humbuckers and a 3 way switch. I've used Dimarzio's pdf wiring stuff already.

Help?
    SPAM:
    None For Now.

Originally posted by Bucketboy
    I've been trying to get mine to work in my Schecter after a while, but I can't seem to get it to be fully operational. This is the first push-pull I have attempted to install. The sound from the pickups to the amp come out fine, but the volume and the push-pull controls doesn't work. I must have wired it wrong.

I'm using 2 Dimarzio Humbuckers and a 3 way switch. I've used Dimarzio's pdf wiring stuff already.

Help?
    i find seymour duncans wiring diagrams easier to read, cheack them out...
    Originally Posted by goodhonk

most of the guys on here are 15 and/or play in their bedroom.

Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

unfortunately, compulsively posting internet forum catchphrases is the only way they know how to communicate.

Comment

I'd identify the two hot outputs and ground wire from each pickup, then follow the circuit to make sure you did everything right. The Push/Pull pots are really simple once you know which wire does what. Ignore the color codes on this picture (it's for a StewMac Golden Age):

You also need to make sure you use a heat sink (hemostats, alligator clips, whatever) when working with these pots, as the heat can damage the switch part.
      HCGB #128

Click here for my projects page.

Comment

Working...
      X