What kind of P90 Les Paul do you own?

garyd

• Members

Personally I have a doublecut Special finished in Heritage Cherry. It's a recent one - serial number suggests '96 but Gibson seem to insist its '94. It's odd - it doesn't have the pickup close to the neck like the old '59s, more like a '60 where it was moved away for a more stable joint.

Not a faded model, has a bound neck and 'Les Paul SPECIAL' on the headstock, ABR-1 bridge and stop tailpiece. Made in a limited edition run of 300 according to the trussrod cover. Best guitar I've ever played. I'll post a pic when I get it back from my tech.

I'm curious to see what everyone else owns, especially P90-equipped models as I rate those above all others.

• Members

This one!

cr6inside.jpgcr6fullsunrise.jpg

It's a Cloud 9 '56 chambered reissue in what Gibson calls a Brockburst (although, as a number of people have pointed out to me, the real Brockburst was a highly flamed 1959 burst that this guitar doesn't really resemble).

• Members

Originally posted by Shovelhead

An old one. The one on the left is an original '54 that I've had for years and years.

gnmn6.jpg

*Drools* oh wow, this is a beaut! '54 Goldtop with a wraparound and PAF P90s... what a vision. It's like Cameron Diaz knocking on your door with a 6-pack of Budweiser, a beautiful dream. :D

• Members

Originally posted by jeffcoop

This one!

cr6inside.jpg

Another stunner... I get the feeling this is one of those guitars that screams out PLAY ME whenever you lay eyes on her. Great stuff.

Keep 'em coming people... I can't wait to see any vintage doublecuts if anyone owns one (or two, you lucky devil!)

• Members

Originally posted by garyd

*Drools* oh wow, this is a beaut! '54 Goldtop with a wraparound and PAF P90s... what a vision. It's like Cameron Diaz knocking on your door with a 6-pack of Budweiser, a beautiful dream.
:D

Thanks, garyd!

Here's another shot of my baby...

G17.jpg

• Members

Holy {censored},Don!!!! That reminds me of going to the old Dave's store in Lacrosse back in the 70's-80's when he had a big wall of old Gibsons(lots of old Juniors) with prices going up to about $5-6K and beyond that it was roped off with "Not for sale" signs up. Anyway,IMO, the coolest P90 guitars out there at an affordable price are the old LP Pro Deluxes. They sound so sweet.

• Members

Originally posted by garyd

Personally I have a doublecut Special finished in Heritage Cherry. It's a recent one - serial number suggests '96 but Gibson seem to insist its '94. It's odd - it doesn't have the pickup close to the neck like the old '59s, more like a '60 where it was moved away for a more stable joint.

Not a faded model, has a bound neck and 'Les Paul SPECIAL' on the headstock, ABR-1 bridge and stop tailpiece. Made in a limited edition run of 300 according to the trussrod cover. Best guitar I've ever played. I'll post a pic when I get it back from my tech.

I'm curious to see what everyone else owns, especially P90-equipped models as I rate those above all others.

Funny you should ask, I just posted this in another thread. I have a Specia DC similar to yours, it's a 1995 and I absolutely love it. Please don't make me choose between it and its cousin pictured on the left. I love 'em both.

Cousins.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

Originally posted by Sparky6string

A fake one... Agile
:o:D
Agile1.jpg

Man, I love that thing. How much was that thing new? I wish Rondo would make a LP Double Cut with p90s that actually looked like the real thing, like yours does. When did they stop making those (and why doesn't anyone ever put one up on eBay so I can buy it:mad: )?

• Members

Originally posted by Tweedledee

Man, I love that thing. How much was that thing new? I wish Rondo would make a LP Double Cut with p90s that actually looked like the real thing, like yours does. When did they stop making those (and why doesn't anyone ever put one up on eBay so I can buy it:mad: )?

I have one of those too. Very nice guitar for the price. I got it from rondo just as they sold out. Kurt told me that less than 100 of these were made and sold before they changed the body style

• Members

Originally posted by Tweedledee

I don't know how much they were new since I bought mine used. I think they stopped making them because of pressure from Gibson. You never see them on ebay because owners don't want to part with them, and purportedly only a mere 100 were made.

I was actually thinking of selling this one just a week or two ago to fund another guitar too. You shoulda been around then. :(

• Members

Originally posted by 23miles

Cousins.jpg

*Eyes pop out* - {censored}, that is a fantastic example of a DC Special. The finish is actually better to my eyes than the one on my '94, such a deep red shade. The grain of mahogany is similar to mine - really REALLY straight and quite fine. Possibly part of the reason they sound so rocking?

The 335 is pretty damn tasty too. Similar to you, I have a 335 as my 2nd guitar as well. Not a tasty flametop Gibson though, something cheaper (which I need to put Gibson pickups in and have set up).

Originally posted by Sparky6string

A fake one... Agile
:o:D
Agile1.jpg

Fake maybe, but what a guitar! Agile have made an unbelievably smart choice IMO, by using the scratchplate style of a Junior. I've never liked the one on DC Specials much, it was part of the reason I was put off to begin with. Looks great like that.

Archived