X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of P90 Les Paul do you own?

Personally I have a doublecut Special finished in Heritage Cherry. It's a recent one - serial number suggests '96 but Gibson seem to insist its '94. It's odd - it doesn't have the pickup close to the neck like the old '59s, more like a '60 where it was moved away for a more stable joint.

Not a faded model, has a bound neck and 'Les Paul SPECIAL' on the headstock, ABR-1 bridge and stop tailpiece. Made in a limited edition run of 300 according to the trussrod cover. Best guitar I've ever played. I'll post a pic when I get it back from my tech.

I'm curious to see what everyone else owns, especially P90-equipped models as I rate those above all others.
    Gibson LP Special Doublecut
    Fender Jaguar '62 RI
    Liberty ES-335
    Boss GT-8
    Watkins Copicat (varispeed)
    Laney VC50

An old one. The one on the left is an original '54 that I've had for years and years.

Shovelhead

Gear list:

ears
    fingers
    songs

Comment

This one!

It's a Cloud 9 '56 chambered reissue in what Gibson calls a Brockburst (although, as a number of people have pointed out to me, the real Brockburst was a highly flamed 1959 burst that this guitar doesn't really resemble).
      HC Geezer Brigade member #49

Comment

Originally posted by jeffcoop
        This one!

Absolutely stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by Shovelhead
          An old one. The one on the left is an original '54 that I've had for years and years.

*Drools* oh wow, this is a beaut! '54 Goldtop with a wraparound and PAF P90s... what a vision. It's like Cameron Diaz knocking on your door with a 6-pack of Budweiser, a beautiful dream.
          Fender Jaguar '62 RI
          Liberty ES-335
          Boss GT-8
          Laney VC50

Comment

Originally posted by jeffcoop
            This one!

Another stunner... I get the feeling this is one of those guitars that screams out PLAY ME whenever you lay eyes on her. Great stuff.

Keep 'em coming people... I can't wait to see any vintage doublecuts if anyone owns one (or two, you lucky devil!)
            Fender Jaguar '62 RI
            Liberty ES-335
            Boss GT-8
            Laney VC50

Comment

the SG kind!

Comment

I have a '90 Standard with Rio Grande Bastards replacing the average stock humbuckers. Sounds killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shovelhead

*slips into hypnotic trance*
                  Teehee!

Comment

Originally posted by garyd

*Drools* oh wow, this is a beaut! '54 Goldtop with a wraparound and PAF P90s... what a vision. It's like Cameron Diaz knocking on your door with a 6-pack of Budweiser, a beautiful dream.

Thanks, garyd!

Here's another shot of my baby...

Shovelhead

Gear list:

ears
                    fingers
                    songs

Comment

Holy ****************,Don!!!! That reminds me of going to the old Dave's store in Lacrosse back in the 70's-80's when he had a big wall of old Gibsons(lots of old Juniors) with prices going up to about $5-6K and beyond that it was roped off with "Not for sale" signs up. Anyway,IMO, the coolest P90 guitars out there at an affordable price are the old LP Pro Deluxes. They sound so sweet.
                      tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                      www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                      -For Sale:
                      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by garyd
                        Personally I have a doublecut Special finished in Heritage Cherry. It's a recent one - serial number suggests '96 but Gibson seem to insist its '94. It's odd - it doesn't have the pickup close to the neck like the old '59s, more like a '60 where it was moved away for a more stable joint.

Not a faded model, has a bound neck and 'Les Paul SPECIAL' on the headstock, ABR-1 bridge and stop tailpiece. Made in a limited edition run of 300 according to the trussrod cover. Best guitar I've ever played. I'll post a pic when I get it back from my tech.

I'm curious to see what everyone else owns, especially P90-equipped models as I rate those above all others.

Funny you should ask, I just posted this in another thread. I have a Specia DC similar to yours, it's a 1995 and I absolutely love it. Please don't make me choose between it and its cousin pictured on the left. I love 'em both.

I am not stupid, I just don't type very well.

God created everything, including evolution.

Comment

This is my AL2800

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                          Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Here is my Agile AL-3000. The pickups sound great, the mahogany neck is fast, and the body is comparatively light (less than 9.5 lbs). A great bargain if only for the pickups. Not my main guitar, but a very nice addition.

Agile
                            closeup

Comment

Since I've seen some Agiles here, this Hamer USA Special should be acceptable:

I also do have a Gibby, but it has P-100's:

BK

PS-- I have a P-90 Agile as well, but it's the SG-ish Valkyrie, not an LP:

Visit Crash Pad at:
                              http://CrashPadBand.com
                              CONSUME!:
                              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                              Gear List/Pics:
                              https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Working...
                              X