Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W O R K S O F A R T

Anyone else do this kind of stuff? I've been showing my ed. tech. students some fun things to do with digital cameras and Photoshop. Here are some of the samples:

Amps:
    Vox AC30TBX, Vox AC15TBX (Celestion Blues); Marshall DSL201with Celestion Greenback; Ampeg J12T with Weber VST; THD Univalve; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (USA) Tweed with Jensen P12N; Fender Vibro Champ (1972); Crate VC508 with Oak Cabinet and Celestion Classic 8; Orange AD15/12

Guitars:
    Fender: '56 NOS Custom Shop Strat; Am. Series Strat; '52 Tele RI (USA); Jazzmaster RI (Japan)
    Gibson: '58 Custom Shop LP Figuretop; LP Classic (57 Classics); LP Classic Plus (Burstbucker Pros); ES-335; SG Classic (P-90's)
    Rickenbacker: 360/6 (Toasters); 360/12 (Toasters); 620 (Hi Gains); 650 Dakota (Mini Humbuckers)
    Gretsch: 1960 6120 "Nashville" (Filtertrons, Japan), 6128 EE DuoJet (TV Jones, Japan)
    Martin: D-18; 000C16RGTE

I'm not going to lie, all I saw in that subject thread was FART.

However, very nice pics. Would look real good with a pointy guitar.
    - Sean.

Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine

I know...it gets your attention, doesn't it
      Amps:
      Vox AC30TBX, Vox AC15TBX (Celestion Blues); Marshall DSL201with Celestion Greenback; Ampeg J12T with Weber VST; THD Univalve; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (USA) Tweed with Jensen P12N; Fender Vibro Champ (1972); Crate VC508 with Oak Cabinet and Celestion Classic 8; Orange AD15/12

Guitars:
      Fender: '56 NOS Custom Shop Strat; Am. Series Strat; '52 Tele RI (USA); Jazzmaster RI (Japan)
      Gibson: '58 Custom Shop LP Figuretop; LP Classic (57 Classics); LP Classic Plus (Burstbucker Pros); ES-335; SG Classic (P-90's)
      Rickenbacker: 360/6 (Toasters); 360/12 (Toasters); 620 (Hi Gains); 650 Dakota (Mini Humbuckers)
      Gretsch: 1960 6120 "Nashville" (Filtertrons, Japan), 6128 EE DuoJet (TV Jones, Japan)

Comment

Work, so fart.

Neat-o pics.
        LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

Here's one more before I hit the hay:-) I'd love to see some others, so if you have Photoshop, give us some ideas!

Amps:

Guitars:

Comment

im a graphic designer and hate those kind of pics, they dont do anything for me except i know that someone was playing with the filters. But atleast u had some fun with it whatever rocks your world, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

works o' fart

I used to do that kind a stuff in the dark room. Showa how old I am.
              Props to Man Ray for solarizing his pics
              Originally Posted by tumbleweeed

You want some more Jello, boy? Its made with Hooves!

Comment

Originally posted by buddy.H
                im a graphic designer and hate those kind of pics, they dont do anything for me except i know that someone was playing with the filters. But atleast u had some fun with it whatever rocks your world, just not my cup of tea.
                Yo.

Comment

I was sitting there for a while looking at the topic before I opened it trying to work out what the **************** it said :P
                  SIG.
                  [size=1] (guitpics)
                  REAL men use Epiphones ------ Proud member of the MAZI BEE MILITIA, Sweaty Arm Band Division!
                  G-Com
                  COD2MP on xfire? Me too...

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine

However, very nice pics. Would look real good with a pointy guitar.
                    +1
                    the city- it calls to me
                    decadent scenes from my memory

"Someone like David Gilmour can say more in three or four notes than Yngwie can say in 100, but at least they're both speaking." -Dave Mustaine

Originally Posted by Tweedledee

Because it was off topic. This is the Electric Guitar forum, not the nutmeg forum.

Originally Posted by batotman

There's only so much you can say until it gets annoying (which I found out with dog humping and puking pics).

Originally Posted by adlo76

Nikki Cox flavored **************** sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by buddy.H

Can we see some samples of your work?

There's more to it than just using filters in Photoshop. The concepts of balance, use of white space to create interesting shapes, using textures and colors to create a mood, etc.

It's the same thing as using different guitars, amps, and effects to create a variety of tones and textures. As a graphic artist, I would think you would have more insight than just, "Oh, someone played with filters."
                      Amps:

Guitars:

Comment

This one was taken at 4 AM from my hotel room in Durango, CO. No filters or post processing--other than reducing the size of the original image and adding the Gretsch headstock from another image--was used here.

Amps:

Guitars:

Comment

Those are some beautiful works o' fart.

Comment

Not dissing your work but I know what he meant: "Oh look, someone's discovered they can do funny effects on digital images. Yawn."

AS someone who worked as a semi-pro photographer for a while I was interested to see other people's work on the net. After a few sites showing digitally manipulated images I've found the genre normally leaves me cold. FWIW to me yours were well above par, with generally sensible use of colour and effect, the one exception being the first, where the yellow/purple doesn't work for me. Mostly these kind of images are a total mess, and not worth the bandwidth they've taken up.
                            http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

Grumpy old man from the Yew Kay.

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Originally posted by docjeff

Can we see some samples of your work?

There's more to it than just using filters in Photoshop. The concepts of balance, use of white space to create interesting shapes, using textures and colors to create a mood, etc.

It's the same thing as using different guitars, amps, and effects to create a variety of tones and textures. As a graphic artist, I would think you would have more insight than just, "Oh, someone played with filters."

the problem with software is that everyone has it...

--bruce mao said that, or something like it

no offense, for your education technology class, there's nothing wrong with teaching photoshop basics--but the word 'art' connotates a completely different level to most artists, and the fine line between the 2 could be summarized in one instant or take the rest of time to discuss, depending on the participants

fwiw, i think some of them are attractive
                              ...Dig this-this is the kind of approach I like more: When you walk down the street, is every footstep the exact same way? Of course not. Music’s the same way-it has to breathe. My best ideas didn’t come from textbooks or computers or synthesizers. They came from life. Just look at a flower, or a wave in the ocean, or the way someone walks, and if you really look close, you’ll see music in those things. Visual images are very important to a musician’s creativity...

Comment

Working...
                              X