DUDES! I'm applying for the Gibson Custom Shop and.....

Panopticon

• Members

I need some help with the cover letter of my resume. What should I say?

I applied for the regular production/sander position at the regular factory, but the dude said it would be AT LEAST another month before I would hear anything due to the insane amount of applications coming in.

Could you guys please help me out a little bit? I am really horrible at this type of thing, and I want this job more than life. I would really freaking appreciate it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what to put in your resume?

what education you have had, what guitar related experience/jobs you have had, what other jobs you have had, what you think are qualities that would make a good candidate for the job. I don't think that pictures of work you have done on guitars would hurt either. try to keep it all on one page if you can.

• Members

having avoided real jobs for years, I'm afraid I can't help you much, but words are important, so choose the right ones - really sell yourself as a "hard working, reliable, team member" who "takes pride in a job well done" etc. - look for company info that describes what they like in employees, and feed it back to them in your own words

basically, flower up the fact that you are willing to be their bitch :D

good luck, that would be a cool gig for ya!

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

having avoided real jobs for years, I'm afraid I can't help you much, but words are important, so choose the right ones - really sell yourself as a "hard working, reliable, team member" who "takes pride in a job well done" etc. - look for company info that describes what they like in employees, and feed it back to them in your own words

basically, flower up the fact that you are willing to be their bitch
:D

good luck, that would be a cool gig for ya!

+1

• Members

My cardinal rule in job interviews is never to hire someone who, at any point in the interview exclames, "Dude!!"

So try to keep that under control.

Also, try committing this phrase to memory, "I don't give a {censored} what it looks like or how much orange peel is on the finish, I want to see those {censored}ers boxed up and on the loading dock because I am committed to the bottom line and my only interest is how fast we can make that number bigger."

Based on the stuff I've seen outta Gibson over the past 10 years, your resume could say that you are an animal bigamist and they'll hire you.

• Members

Take a page from Rip Glitter and maybe add how you took that {censored}ING slutbanging Gibson Explorer with your SIGNATURE GOLDTONE amp and SLEW MASSES OF PUSSIES WITH A SINGLE POWER CHORD :mad:

But seriously, put your objective as something like "To gain valuable work experience in a field I am passionate about and to exercise my interpersonal skills."

Archived