Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good grief....3 guitars in one day!

First was the MF sale earlier....

$319 Fender Fat Strat w/bag

$299 Fender Blackout Tele (59/Pearly Gates)

Then about 5 seconds ago I hit the BIN on ebay for a Gibson Les Paul Limited Edition in Manhattan Blue.

And nobody bring up the "you got 3 guitars in one day just 3 weeks ago (3 gretsch's)!"

I sold two to basically get the 3rd for about $250.

Comment

"I think I'm going to stop buying guitars."
      <div class="signaturecontainer">- Sean.<br />
      <br />
      <font size="1">Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.</font></div>

Comment

"I think I'm gonna get rid of some ****************!"

This brings the arsenal to:

Squier Strat ('95, my first guitar, Fender Atomic pups w/5 way coil tap)

Squier Telecaster Thinline Protone (Duncan Quarter Pounds)

Squier Telecaster Custom II (P90's)

Fender FMT Telecaster (jazz/jb, coil tap)

Fender Blackout Telecaster (59/Pearly Gates)

Fender Jaguar HH (stock Dragster pickups)

Fender Stratocaster HSS (Stock)

Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod (Hot Rod filtertrons designed by TV Jones)

SX P-Bass Short Scale (Duncan Vintage P-Bass)

Agile AL-3000 (Duncan 59' set)

Tokai Love Rock (59/JB)

Gibson Les Paul Standard LE (burstbuckers)

So much for 5 guitar limit!

And I have a Roland Cube 60, Peavey XXX 40, and an Ashdown EB180 Bass Amp.

Comment

Hi, I have:

ESP Explorer
          Caparison TAT that isn't here yet.

Yer in a vicious cycle, my friend.
          <br />
          <font size="1">Please note that all statements contained herein are OPINION and not FACT. Take all advice, opinions, and other statements expressed in this post for as much or as little as you will.</font></div>

Comment

I think I pretty much have all I want. Maybe another amp some day or a Gretsch Elliot Easton but thats about it.

I think I've hit a good balance where I can leave a guitar put up for awhile and come back to it as if its a new toy.

Comment

You're also a bad liar.
              <br />

Comment

Originally posted by cloudnine
                You're also a bad liar.

SHUTTIE!

Comment

Originally posted by batotman
                  First was the MF sale earlier....

$319 Fender Fat Strat w/bag

$299 Fender Blackout Tele (59/Pearly Gates)

Then about 5 seconds ago I hit the BIN on ebay for a Gibson Les Paul Limited Edition in Manhattan Blue.

Blackout Tele? What the fudge is that and where did you buy it?

Comment

Its like an FMT but its ALL black, no inlays.

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0262400506

Comment

I bought it through MF using the coupon link. (see other thread)

Comment

I think you must have the worst case of GAS ever the turnaround on your stuff is ridiculous, no way you have time to play em.

I think it should be your goal to narrow your collection down to just 1 and start playing instead of just buying/selling, I bet you can't

Comment

Originally posted by rlee111
                          I think you must have the worst case of GAS ever the turnaround on your stuff is ridiculous, no way you have time to play em.

I think it should be your goal to narrow your collection down to just 1 and start playing instead of just buying/selling, I bet you can't

+1

hate to say it, but you need to get a grip. having 40 guitars does not make you a guitarist. knowing the serial numbers of every U.S. guitar made between 1912 and 2000 does not make you a guitarist. playing a guitar makes you a guitarist.

i know this sounds like i'm just jealous, but i seem to remember a thread a while ago where you admitted this kind of buy/sell behaviour is not making you happy. i would do a U-turn on this: sell all your guitars, except one, keep one amp,a tuner and 2 or 3 pedals, and stick with that for one year, playing at least 2 hour a day. (probably the time you spend ebaying and posting comments on forums now.)

after that, you'll be a richer man; both financialy and musicaly.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem '97<br />
                          Fender Stratocaster '87<br />
                          Ibanez Les Paul standard '77<br />
                          Squier '51 '05<br />
                          Lag Autumn 300 Jumbo '07<br />
                          Marshall JTM 60 2x12&quot;<br />
                          Carl Martin PlexiTone<br />
                          Custom made Shiny audio Rockdrive <br />
                          Ibanez TS-9 DX<br />
                          T-Rex Tremster<br />
                          George L's</div>

Comment

Bato I can always count on you to make me feel better. I bought an Epi Dot and washburn n2 this week and I was stating to think I was starting to finally lose it. But your buying habits make me feel so mouch more normal now.

BTW how's MRS Batotman. All's well I take it?
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3"><b><i><u><font color="DarkOrchid">Rhythm in Jump</font>. <font color="Pink">Dancing Close to you</font></u></i></b></font><br />
                            <b><font size="3"><font color="Navy"><br />
                            RIP Bradford Kelly - The Man Behind the Jackson Kelly</font></font></b></div>

Comment

No pointies
                              You need a pointy! Get a pointy! you... must... buy... pointy...
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Great deals with:<br />
                              Ancient Mariner, kpd8, Uncle Psychosis, ILoveYouMan, Jakkehx2, TheGareth, JBJx3</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X