Fender Showmaster

starkey

• Members

$349 w/SD 59/Pearly Gates set. Save another $50 by clicking through the coupon link below.

Coupon link:

http://recp.rm05.net/ctt?kn=8&m=96833&r=NjQwNzA3ODQxS0&b=0&j=NDM2MzA0NTUS1&mt=1

Blackout Showmanster:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/s=electric/search/detail/base_pid/511333/

I bought the Blackout Tele. Its quite the player. Not the prettiest but it sounds great!

• Members

Dammit!

I'd say jump on it. I bought the Celtic H Showmaster last year when they dropped the price to $250 and I've been happy with it, but it's a hardtail with a single Atomic Humbucker and single volume knob. One with a tremolo and Duncans for the same price would be sweet, but I'm not really in the market for another guitar.:eek:

• Members

I have had the Showmaster Black Cherry Quilted Maple Hum Hum guitar since March. My wife bought it for my birthday. It is a fantastic guitar. The 59 Pearly Gates combination sounds great. There is nothing I don't like about this guitar. IMHO the Korean Showmasters are first rate.

• Members

Originally posted by IdaCrue

I have had the Showmaster Black Cherry Quilted Maple Hum Hum guitar since March. My wife bought it for my birthday. It is a fantastic guitar. The 59 Pearly Gates combination sounds great. There is nothing I don't like about this guitar. IMHO the Korean Showmasters are first rate.

I've definately been gassing over the Natural FMT (Flamed Maple) one. Gorgeous but I never wanted to pay over $600 for it. Now this one, the same thing just with a blue metallic that I happen to also like. Dammit. Must....resist.....

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

I've definately been gassing over the Natural FMT (Flamed Maple) one. Gorgeous but I never wanted to pay over $600 for it. Now this one, the same thing just with a blue metallic that I happen to also like. Dammit. Must....resist.....

I agree, this one at 249 is great deal.

• Members

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r

I agree, this one at 249 is great deal.

They are having tons of great deals this go around. Just last night I bought some M-Audio BX8 studio monitors for my PODxt. They are normally $499 they were blowing them out for $299. Had to jump on that deal. Now I want this Showmaster too dammit!!!

• Members

Originally posted by IdaCrue

Give in to the dark side Mazi......You will feel so much better when you do.

Oh, I already have a condo and a permanent parking spot on the Dark Side. This just means I would need to rent a bigger storage space on Dark Side Ave in addition to the one I already have!! :D

• Members

Actually on closer inspection i think you may be right. It looks like the body and neck are bound on the black one. That's very cool.

I always thought the black ones had binding and the rest didn't but I second guessed myself. *hangs head in shame*

• Members

I think that's just a reflection of light...

I guarantee its not!

Fender {censored}ed up on their stock picture! LOL

(Not like that hasn't happened before....:D )

Wish I'd have saved that pic I saw with NO binding earlier on the black! Gahhhh!

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I guarantee its not!

Fender {censored}ed up on their stock picture! LOL

(Not like that hasn't happened before....
:D
)

How can you guarentee it? You've got the tele.

Oh yeah, looks like the Showmaster has locking tuners too. Nice!

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I've saw that. I've played one in person. They dont' have locking tuners unless they vary individually.

Fender's always screwy. The FMT's are supposed to have SD's but they don't anymore and haven't for awhile.

Hmmm. I may be forced to buy one just so we can settle this.

Archived