Does Carvin have this?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

Those ARE DC guitars. The first one is a DC727 and the second one is a DC127.

Carvin offers different neck profiles, but only for different guitar styles. For example, the DC series neck are thinner than the CT series necks which are thinner than the Holdsworth series necks.

If you're talking about a double cutaway and single cutaway, check out the TL60 and SC90.

• Members

Originally posted by No Soul

how the hell is the DC line by carvin not a double cutaway?

Call me crazy, but Id bet the the DC stands for doublt cutaway
:rolleyes:

No {censored}, and I was speaking of the DC150. Oh, no. I made a mistake. Stop following me the {censored} around and being a prick in general if you have nothing constructive to add.

• Members

Originally posted by Mr_GoodBomb

No {censored}, and I was speaking of the DC150. Oh, no. I made a mistake. Stop following me the {censored} around and being a prick in general if you have nothing constructive to add.

Hey, calm the hostility.

Just because you live in West Virginia don't take it out on the rest of us.:D

• Members

......ANYWAY....

TL and SC are both neckthrough so it hsould have wings. because if it doesn't the body will be 4 inches wide. too bad the carvin site doesn't have the shot of the back of the guitars.

here's a pic of the back of an SC90....

SC90-31.jpg

google sure does come in handy.

• Members

Originally posted by jrfan

Hey, calm the hostility.

Just because you live in West Virginia don't take it out on the rest of us.
:D

We're all like disgruntled USPS workers here.

Originally posted by rx

......ANYWAY....

TL and SC are both neckthrough so it hsould have wings. because if it doesn't the body will be 4 inches wide. too bad the carvin site doesn't have the shot of the back of the guitars.

here's a pic of the back of an SC90....

google sure does come in handy.

I assumed they all HAD wings if they were neck through. My point was do they have a finish that is as such. I should have been more clear with the model numbers and this piece of information. I just really like the look of neck-thrus with the strip of maple down the middle, darker-colored (mahogany, walnut, etc) wings on the side, and maybe two red stripes down the maple. The only finishes I see like this are transparent walnut.

• Members

We're all like disgruntled USPS workers here.

I assumed they all HAD wings if they were neck through. My point was do they have a finish that is as such. I should have been more clear with the model numbers and this piece of information. I just really like the look of neck-thrus with the strip of maple down the middle, darker-colored (mahogany, walnut, etc) wings on the side, and maybe two red stripes down the maple. The only finishes I see like this are transparent walnut.

well unless you play your guitar backwards, you're not gonna be able to see it from the front... :D

if you don't get it with a maple top, I'm assuming the wings would be visible from the front though?

• Members

Originally posted by rx

well unless you play your guitar backwards, you're not gonna be able to see it from the front...
:D

if you don't get it with a maple top, I'm assuming the wings would be visible from the front though?

I could never do a flame top, anyway. But still the only finish I found like this was natural and tung walnut. I'm just wondering if there are others.

I googled it up (typed in neck thru) and here are a few pics of kinda like what I mean...

neck%20thru%20front.jpg

bsr5gn_3Aclarowal_front.JPG

ricon.jpg

• Members

I could never do a flame top, anyway. But still the only finish I found like this was natural and tung walnut. I'm just wondering if there are others.

I googled it up (typed in neck thru) and here are a few pics of kinda like what I mean...

neck%20thru%20front.jpg

bsr5gn_3Aclarowal_front.JPG

ricon.jpg

nice! but like all finishes, they get boring after a while..... my Carvin DC727 above was beautiful the first time I saw it but I got bored to hell. now i just prefer solid color, no fancy schtuff. it's just me. :(

• Members

normal_DC400A.jpg

You can have the neck blank either one piece maple, mahogany, walnut, or Koa, or you can do a 5 piece neck with those woods.

The body wings can be alder, mahogany, koa, walnut, ash, or any of those woods covered with figured maple, figured koa, or clairo walnut.

The option NS make the center blank "Not Show" or you can specify that you want the figured or side woods stop outside and let the center wood show.

Archived