PRS nut width

gnurph

• Members

I too have the big finger issue and like a wide board. One suggestion is that new fernandez signiture ravelle(sp.). It's the one done for the guy that plays with slash. I read a review in one of the guitar players that listed the nut width at 1 3/4. You don't see that much, unless you go to jazz guitars or order the next from warmoth. Heck the warmoth's have strat replacement nexts that go as wide as 1 7/8ths.

We need MORE wide necked guitars.

• Members

Thanks for the replies! 1 11/16 seems to be basically standard - 1 11/16 = 1.6875 = 43mm, different sites list it one way or the other. Anyways... Biggest I've seen were the PRS that are 1.75", followed by Carvin at 1.71". Buuutttt..... either one is more $$$ than my budget allows. So I'll just continue to play 1.6875 necked guitars... My next guitar is this bad boy

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=S470DXQM&z=y

• Members

Originally posted by gnurph

Thanks for the replies! 1 11/16 seems to be basically standard - 1 11/16 = 1.6875 = 43mm, different sites list it one way or the other. Anyways... Biggest I've seen were the PRS that are 1.75", followed by Carvin at 1.71". Buuutttt..... either one is more $$$ than my budget allows. So I'll just continue to play 1.6875 necked guitars... My next guitar is this bad boy

if that didn't have a trem it would be KILLER

Archived