Tremolo to Hardtail Conversion bridge

ardskoay

• Members

I know at musicians friend they have one, you just take out your floating bridge with trem and drop the hardtail in, i think its a direct replacement for strat style guitars.

now, if you please musicians friend- i want my discounts for the free advertising.

also - you can block your bridge and end up with the same results.

all you have to do is remove the tremelo arm, then screw the bridge down flush with the body. then add some extra springs in the back so you at least have 3-4 springs in the back. now tighten those springs in the back by screwing the 2 screws in the "trem-claw" in some more.

now you essentially have a hardtail. some folks go a step further and add a wooden block beside the bridge (underneath it) - but i did that for years before i started blocking trems without any wood blocks and i cannot hear a difference.

the last few years i learned how to use the fender 2 point trem and love it, so my main strat is not blocked. i also added a graph-tec nut to help in tremelo use.

but yeah, you can block your bridge and not have to replace it to make it into a hardtail, or you can order a replacement bridge. either way you get about the same results

Archived