Question about PRS Dragon II wiring

MCon

• Members

Howdy folks. I just got a pair of used PRS Dragon II pickups (one bass, one treble) to put in a guitar of mine. Unfortunately I don't have any documentation with the pickups. It has a Red, White, Black, and a braided ground lead. I don't plan on doing any coil-tapping, so my question is: which 2 leads do I need to connect with each other? I know with Dimarzios you need to jumper the white and black leads and with Duncans it's the white and red leads (or at least that's how I remember them being from a long time ago).

Thanks!!!

Matt

• Members

OK, maybe I'm a retard when it comes to pickup wiring. Using the info above I wired it with the white leads going to either side of the switch (3 position) and I jumped the black and red leads together. There's not much output (I plugged it into an 85 watt Fender Twin and dimed the volume and it was only a little loud... normally I would be deaf) and I'm getting a bad hum. I used a multimeter to check that I wasn't accidently jumping wires together that I shouldn't and everything looks fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Matt

Archived