Gretsch Tennessee Rose

kkyle

• Members

I just ordered one from AMS for 1379 (Happy Birthday to me!). I was torn between that and the country, but I have a 335, so I wanted a smaller body. Am I going to be sending it back because of quality issues or is it worth $1379?

• Members

Originally posted by kkyle

I just ordered one from AMS for 1379 (Happy Birthday to me!). I was torn between that and the country, but I have a 335, so I wanted a smaller body. Am I going to be sending it back because of quality issues or is it worth $1379?

It is worth it. It is a very nice guitar. I paid $2000 new for mine 2 years ago.

• Members

You are going to be so f'ing happy.

I hang with alot of Gretsch heads and I have yet to hear any "issues". It's possible there may be a problem with an individual guitar but as a rule the QC is very tight.

• Members

Originally posted by Kap'n

Great guitar. Not a big fan of the Hilotrons, though.

OTOH, at that price, you can swap 'em out for TV-Jones Filtertrons, and still be way ahead!
:thu:

Damn, first time I ever posted about a new guitar and got such strong positive feedback. I've heard about TV-Jones, never checked them out, first I'll listen to the stock pups. You guys got me fired up, thanks!

• Members

I just got my 6120DSW and it's GREAT!

The only issue I have, and it's personal preference, is the smaller vintage frets. I'm used to jumbo, but I'll deal!

I've got a Country Club on the way.

There are going to be a lot of Gretsch postings soon!

Have no fear, I'm sure it will be awesome! If it's not, send it back, and order another!

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzy4dice

I just got my 6120DSW and it's GREAT!

The only issue I have, and it's personal preference, is the smaller vintage frets. I'm used to jumbo, but I'll deal!

I've got a Country Club on the way.

There are going to be a lot of Gretsch postings soon!

Have no fear, I'm sure it will be awesome! If it's not, send it back, and order another!

I didn't notice in the specs about the size of the frets. I really like vintage frets (I'm starting to get a boner)! Is this guitar light? I read somewhere 6.5 lbs.

• Members

The 6120 is light as {censored}. Almost startingly light!

Ok, so if you call frets that aren't the size of JUMBO's vintage...then...yeah...vintage size.

Otherwise, I'll have to restate what I said, and say "the frets are smaller than jumbos!"

I hate to play into the "panic buy" of MF. But, you know what...these prices are awesome and they really won't last. Congrats on getting in before the door shuts!

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzy4dice

I hate to play into the "panic buy" of MF. But, you know what...these prices are awesome and they really won't last. Congrats on getting in before the door shuts!

Right back at'cha!

• Members

One of the things Chet demanded from Fred Gretsch in 62 was that he close up the F holes to cut back on feedback. He also wanted a body block(ala ES-335) but Fred wouldn't give an inch on that. 1962 was also the year the Tennessean was given a second pup and elevated from a "student" model. I guess IIRC that was also a Chet demand.

I believe Gretsch makes one with real F holes these days and I think the model is 6119SP.

• Members

Dammit! Just got the guitar, frets a slight bit sharp, but the real problem for me is the strings are lined up with the base of the screws on the neck pup. Sending it back to AMS, that's why I order from them.

• Members

Originally posted by kkyle

Dammit! Just got the guitar, frets a slight bit sharp, but the real problem for me is the strings are lined up with the base of the screws on the neck pup. Sending it back to AMS, that's why I order from them.

Don't do that! It's a floating bridge and probably just slipped a bit.

Archived