Fender Showmaster QBT???

Mayanus

• Members

Hi guys, I was thinking of buying a Fender Showmaster QBT or FMT(former being a quilt top and the latter being a flame top).

It's a korean made superstrat with seymour duncan humbuckers(SH-1 RP (Reverse Polarity) at the neck, Pearly Gates at the bridge)

24 frets, 2 point syncronized tremelo and a set neck. So not overly fender-like.

Here's the official specs:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0263080550

I'm looking for a guitar that has 24 frets with an easy access to the upper register, and does not have the hastles of a floyd rose bridge. I play metal, funk, jazz etc and want a very versatile guitar. What do you guys think of it? Anyone with any experience of this guitar?

Does the tremelo stay in tune well?(Guitar has a graphite nut I believe)

Will the pickup choice be suited to my requirements?

Any similar guitars that you would think are better?

Thanks for any replies

• Members

I've been looking at the QBT for a couple of months now. BEAUTIFUL guitar, with great "bang for buck". I'm no expert, but its' features seem to allow for a great variety in versatile tones.

Not only does it have the American Strat-style tremelo and a graphite nut, but the tuners are locking. I can't see why if properly set up, the guitar would have ANY tuning problems with the trem.

Maybe someone else can chime in with more experience with the guitar...but if I had the cash right now, I think I'd own one. I'm not sure you can find a better looking/sounding guitar with the features that one has for less cash.

• Members

I can't help with your search, but I can add that my MIK Tele Scorpion (thin body, thin, flat set-neck) is a GREAT guitar, and was also an exceptional value.

I think Fender's MIK stuff has an exception bang-to-buck ratio, so I wish you luck and offer this as a bump.

Larry

• Members

I haven't played one, but they look awesome on paper. I HAVE played my neckthrough Squier Stagemaster HH with licensed Floyd, also a Korean Fender product, and it's a damn nice guitar for the money. I'm sure the Showmaster is nicer, mahogany and real Duncans and all, for $629 a hell of a guitar.

Of course, any non-locking trem (locking tuners aren't really the same thing) Is not going to hold tune as well as a Floyd, but if you're not going whammy crazy every minute it would probably do pretty well. Of course if it does go out a bit you're not locked in so it's easy to adjust. If a local store has one I'd go beat the {censored} out of the trem and see how it does.

Archived