Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa! Guitar Player Reviews Agile Harm 1 Semi-Hollow FG

...and they wasn't all that nuts 'bout it!

Oh well...

Sorry, I can't provide a link, but I don't think Guitar Player posted it yet, and I'm not about the retype the article.

Mostly, they didn't like the pups and felt the guitar tone was "uninspiring". Bad intonation and hum.

But, they did think it was well-made for the scratch and that, with some upgrades, it would be good.

Thank You Captain Obvious!

i dont and have never owned an agile, so i am not defending them or kurt

but ah hell, who writes that **************** anyway, besides, it's just one persons opinion, or 3-4 or whatever. those same people get to review $2000 guitars also.

thats why i never read those magazines

Comment

Well, I was just suprised to turn the page and see a nice big photo of an Agile Harm (with grubby finger smudges all over it too).

Anyway, if you can find the review online, and you own one, I'd like ot know how you felt about the review.

Also, I've always been a fan of Rono/Agile P-90's. I don't know where they get them or where they are from, but they are great. So, it's funny that they were specifically attacked.

Comment

any ads for Rondo in the issue?
        Hey, Cancer! **************** You!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols

Wait a minute JJ, are you suggesting that the guitar got a bad review because Rondo doesn't spend a huge wad of money advertising in the magazine?!? Does this mean that if you spend a lot of money advertising with them the reviews of your products will be better?!? That's rediculous.

Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedledee

Wait a minute JJ, are you suggesting that the guitar got a bad review because Rondo doesn't spend a huge wad of money advertising in the magazine?!? Does this mean that if you spend a lot of money advertising with them the reviews of your products will be better?!? That's rediculous.

why, of course not - I'm noy suggesting anything, just asking an innocent question

I think I brought it up with the SJM review, which in no way reflected my experience with any of my SJMs or SX guitars at the time

however, I did later get a powder blue SJM57 (the model reviewed) and found it to not be at the same level of quality as my earlier ones -- not a major deal for me, since I am familiar with the model (as well as the reasonable expectations of the price range) and got it playing tip top in a night, but definitely made me feel a bit more open to the GP review - not a bad guitar, but not an out of the box player, either

Comment

Originally posted by Tweedledee

The guitar world desperately needs a "Consumer Reports" of guitars and gear.

One that used truely analytical measurements and that was unjaundiced by the acceptance of advertising dollars.

Problem with that is-

No musician could afford a subscription to a magazine that doesn't accpet ad money.

But sincerely, I do have a hard time with the guitar magazine gear reviews. It a fine art to try to read between the lines, if it's even there, to decide what they think about a piece of gear. You have to almost look for what they don't say rather than what they do say to find the critical review.

And then when they starting using odd metaphors to describe the "sound", I'm lost.

The last guitar review I read said the sound was "smokey".

Okay, maybe I can guess what that means. It means that big bears that don't like fires will LOVE that axe.
              A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
              HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
              Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
              I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by GAS Man
                And then when they starting using odd metaphors to describe the "sound", I'm lost.

The last guitar review I read said the sound was "smokey".

Okay, maybe I can guess what that means. It means that big bears that don't like fires will LOVE that axe.
                Good deals http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...1#post45270390

YoutubeJams http://www.youtube.com/user/sixblade...4?feature=mhee

Comment

haha that's the other rondo AXE i want besides a white SJM
                  GIMMAGE Avatar Generator
                  Domain Parking Script
                  MyGathering.Info Article Reader
                  Tech Outfitters Tech for travel
                  Apphile App store search
                  The Art World of Loren MacIver
                  Postpainting Online Art Site
                  Apple Mac OSX iPad iPhone iPod Touch News & Info
                  also..
                  Twitter College
                  ANIMAL FIGHT
                  Commodore Magazine

Comment

i trust the reviews here at HC more than anyone who writes for a magazine like that. personally a review from a an unknown face will always be just that. I could care less if the world's best player likes a particular guitar, that doesn't reflect what I will be able to get out of it. A review from a friend you know is worth more, but so much about a guitar is personal preference there is no substitute for holding and playing the exact guitar you are going to buy. This is where rondo and kurt are kings. Their customer servce and return policy should be a benchmark for online retailers. At least in my mind there is no better place to buy a guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpistols

Not that I noticed, big man!

However, it is still entirely possible that the reviewer didn't like the guitar.

I'm just sayin'! I know what you mean, but there are three sides to every story.

Y'now?

Comment

What issue is it?

I picked up augusts for the FZ stuff (which sucked, btw)
                        Visit my site ModGuitar.com

"While my plywood guitar, gently weeps."

Comment

Sounds pretty spot on
                          Bouquet of clumsy words

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

**************** you and Jason Mraz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Coogna!
                            What issue is it?

I picked up augusts for the FZ stuff (which sucked, btw)

The brand-new issue, with Los Lonely Boys guy on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy4dice

Not that I noticed, big man!

However, it is still entirely possible that the reviewer didn't like the guitar.

I'm just sayin'! I know what you mean, but there are three sides to every story.

Y'now?

Comment

Working...
                              X