Vox teardrop

jgyn

• Members

Hello all,

Just picked up an old pearl white Vox tear drop guitar with 3 single coils, stop tail (no vibrato) and bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. It sounds and plays fine, although the output is low, maybe 70 - 75 % of a Fender single coil. I searched the internet and found surprisingly little info on Vox guitars. Anybody have any info?

Thanx,

-jan

• Members

Originally posted by jgyn

Hello all,

Just picked up an old pearl white Vox tear drop guitar with 3 single coils, stop tail (no vibrato) and bolt on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. It sounds and plays fine, although the output is low, maybe 70 - 75 % of a Fender single coil. I searched the internet and found surprisingly little info on Vox guitars. Anybody have any info?

Thanx,

-jan

www.voxshowroom.com

:thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

DSC04197.jpg

well, i got this. its fun as hell. has a built in wahwah

i think the voxes, like gretsch, were all lo imped pups, but thats cool. thats what makes them more chimey.

hey did you check out my music? I have alot of spacemen stuff in that vibe....

how much did you get it for, btw?

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

DSC04197.jpg

well, i got this. its fun as hell. has a built in wahwah

i think the voxes, like gretsch, were all lo imped pups, but thats cool. thats what makes them more chimey.

hey did you check out my music? I have alot of spacemen stuff in that vibe....

Oh yeah, I meant to reply to that. I really like your stuff! Alot closer to the Spacemen sound than many other like bands, in that there's a sense of restraint. Or something...

Is the Zvex your main guitar?

• Members

We had a cherry red teardrop with the tremelo and the protective pad that snapped on the back. It was probably a 9.5 out of 10....near mint. So it was in the mid seventies....somewhere around that time, my brother decided that it would be cool to take it all apart, strip the finish, use masking tape to put some pot leaves on it and stain it moss green.

He stripped it, did the pot stencils, stained it and the "project" stalled there. It was in the attic in pieces stored in a box for years and the last I heard my mom sat it out for the trash to get it out of the way. :cry:

I have a similar story about a Mosrite 12 string that I sold to my cousin for $50.00 about 20 years ago, but I'm too distraught to go into that one right now.:cry: :cry: :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by jgyn

Oh yeah, I meant to reply to that. I really like your stuff! Alot closer to the Spacemen sound than many other like bands, in that there's a sense of restraint. Or something...

Is the Zvex your main guitar?

i havent touched it for like a week and a half! thanks so for the compliments. i dont rely on gear as much as i do vibe. one of my most out there pieces was done on a amercian standard strat. no gear, just vibe...

Archived