St. Blues S&T Custom china made guitars

gary4040

• Members

I just got my China Wonder guitar and can say with all honesty, That was money well spent. The guitars has a great strat tone. Heavy, lots heavier then my Fender Strat. I think the guitars was a steal for what I paid. In fact I'm gonna try and get atleast one more model on the cheap if I can. I recommend the guitar in the price range I paid plus fifty. Here's the link again. Cheers Gary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230017763801&rd=1&sspagename

• Members

Originally posted by Randy G

And the "S&T" refers to the now defunct and famous Memphis music store, Strings & Things. But I coulda sworn the St. Blues stuff were Strat bodies, not modified LP bodies with Strat pickguard, Tele control plate and a bolt on Tele neck. They stopped making em by the time I used to frequent S&T.

No, the Bluescaster was a TelePaul style body and looked just like those. They were USA made though with Schecter necks. I had one of the originals but it got ripped-off from a break in at my house back in the day. One of the sweetest guitars ever.

• Members

That's from one of their auctions:

"as stated in the description, S&T Custom is a test run for a lower line that St. Blues decided not to do. They will not be available to dealers but the new St. Blues lines is. they are a bit more money, but not made in China. These are great guitars for te money but it is not the right time for a lower line."

St. Blues planned on selling those but somehow changed their mind! They are based on their guitars which can be found here:

http://www.saintblues.com/index_content.html

• Members

I'm a little (actually a lot) buzzed, so take this with a grain of salt. The original St. Blues were based out of the southern US. I want to say Tennesse, but I am uncertain. Schecter was not one of thier OEMs, ESP manufactured thier parts. Strings and Things assembled them and set them up. The luthier at S&T was well known with the rock elite. My understanding was that he was a tech and roadie to them, The brand name is trying to re-establish itself. i doubt they would be making limited models based on MIC. I call BS on this thread.

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

I'm a little (actually a lot) buzzed, so take this with a grain of salt. The original St. Blues were based out of the southern US. I want to say Tennesse, but I am uncertain. Schecter was not one of thier OEMs, ESP manufactured thier parts. Strings and Things assembled them and set them up. The luthier at S&T was well known with the rock elite. My understanding was that he was a tech and roadie to them, The brand name is trying to re-establish itself. i doubt they would be making limited models based on MIC. I call BS on this thread.

You misread that information, they planned on producing a cheaper MIC line but scrapped that idea and are now selling their prototypes (hence the limitation).

I think those are legit, otherwise the seller would get into a lot of trouble.

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

You misread that information, they planned on producing a cheaper MIC line but scrapped that idea and are now selling their prototypes (hence the limitation).

I think those are legit, otherwise the seller would get into a lot of trouble.

Oh boy, I just reread what I wrote and can honestly say i was beyond buzzed and I was in the dunk zone. Yeah I did misread the thread.

Kids - Don't drink and get on HC. It's not good for ya!

• Members

On a lighter note my Pink Chinese wonder arrived earlier today,i had just enough time to cast my eyeballs over it.

It is so wrong in many ways most of which can be improved upon,i even stoned the end of the frets and now the lowest one thats poorly seated on one side doesnt look like the end of the world.

Tuners are slack,pickguard is a little unfinished about the edges,frets are not dressed,switch toggle cap is threaded,neck pickup is taking a dive towards the neck,the pickups themselves look very cheap chinese and have a sound that is unusual and have overly large screw pole pieces,binding on the neck-we will not mention the binding on the neck,paint,blotchy in places and the pattern underneath is very curious,some screws are obviously awry,the back is a solid colour or it would be if it was not streaky.

Tapping about i find its a chambered body,presumably they route the bodies for both left and right handed versions and then the back and top go on.

It came with a hex key so i assume it has a truss rod.

Work in progress.

• Members

I have a St. Blues Bluescaster that I picked up on Ebay for $250 bucks a few years ago. Great guitar, it's a Tele clone that is Aztec Gold with a blond neck with a great 'V' profile. Serial number 365 and a "Strings and Things Custom" neckplate. Did some research and found out this guitar was custom made for Elliot Easton.

• Members

Originally posted by go cat go

These are genuine, but not the original USA made ones. Tom Keckler was the tech you are referring to, I used to work with him. The original St. Blues guitars are incredible.

He was the head of R&D at Schecter, and they did provide parts to them (St. Blues).

• Members

I've got an original St Blues neck that was installed on a Roadstar I got on Craigslist for $35 with HSC last year

excellent neck, very comfortable

I've been looking at the Esquire/HB guitar for over a week, talking myself out of it several times a day

I wonder how the MIC necks compare?

Archived