Schecter C-1 E/A Wiring Diagram

Foul

• Members

I am looking at swapping out the DD pickups that came with my guitar.

After peaking into the f-holes, I see that there may be more to this one than typical wiring. There is a small circuit board in the bottom of the guitar made by Graph Tech, maybe a distribution board or something like that.

I've done a bit of searching but can't find a wiring diagram for a C-1 E/A. Can anyone point me in the right direction or pass along any experience they may have with one?

My first post, but I'm a daily lurker. TONs of knowledge here! This is always my first stop when doing anything related to my guitar/amp. Thanks All.

• Members

Originally posted by Foul

I am looking at swapping out the DD pickups that came with my guitar.

After peaking into the f-holes, I see that there may be more to this one than typical wiring. There is a small circuit board in the bottom of the guitar made by Graph Tech, maybe a distribution board or something like that.

I've done a bit of searching but can't find a wiring diagram for a C-1 E/A. Can anyone point me in the right direction or pass along any experience they may have with one?

My first post, but I'm a daily lurker. TONs of knowledge here! This is always my first stop when doing anything related to my guitar/amp. Thanks All.

Did you try contacting Schecter? I've heard of people having good luck with there customer service.

• Members

I replaced them in my C1 E/A but itsn't easy. I went with a SD Custom 5 bridge and a Seth Lover neck. Big improvement to say the least.

Cut the leads off the DD pups and leave enough to solder the wires from the new pups on.

If you try to get the pots out and rewire it that way you'll be in for a huge job. The circuit board is for the piezo and it is in the way. The are a number of small connectors plugged into it. Make sure you don't knock any loose. The pots would have to come out through the bridge pup hole but if you just solder to the existing wires it should be pretty simple.

If you need to get the pup switch out, remove the battery box. The switch will come out through there. I also added a coil split mini switch right between the mag vol & tone controls.

One note, the DD pickup wiring color coding is not the same as a regular SD pup.

• Members

Thanks for the tips.

I was waiting to reply until I heard back from Schecter. The guy I exchanged emails with at Schecter was helpful, but didn't have the wiring diagram available I was looking for. I did get a Diamond series owners manual though.

Pete N - Any chance you still have the color scheme for how the DD relate to the SD? I just ordered a Seth Lover neck and Custom Custom bridge. Can't wait to try that combo out. Right in line with the combo you have going.

Thanks again you guys for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Whoa, thanks for posting that. I'll save it if I ever need it in the future.

One mod I did to that setup is a coil tap switch. Take the red & white from both pups and run it to one lug of a mini toggle. Run the other lug to ground. I put the mini toggle right between the mag vol & tone pots.

The sound of the split coils mixed with the piezo is magnificent.

Schecter2a.jpg

Archived