No announcement yet.

Guild X-79 skylark

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild X-79 skylark

I just bot a X-79. 1983 I believe. White, which is rare and has held up pretty well. It has a coil split toggle. Does any one know if its factory. The only other one i have seen w/coil switch is on ebay right now. Any other info or pics of your x-79s??? Bought it as an investment but plays so good and the thing has grown on me. I guess they didnt make many.

Originally posted by skratch63
    I just bot a X-79. 1983 I believe. White, which is rare and has held up pretty well. It has a coil split toggle. Does any one know if its factory. The only other one i have seen w/coil switch is on ebay right now. Any other info or pics of your x-79s??? Bought it as an investment but plays so good and the thing has grown on me. I guess they didnt make many.

dude don't ever say you got a guitar for an investment around here that is a big ass flame thrower that will get you cooked
    are you sure it's a coil split, and not a in-out of phase switch?
    i have a 1977 guild s300ad and thats what it came stock with(the phase)
    5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
    "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

Ya its a coil split. Works great. Pretty good single coil sound.

Comment

well where are the pics man we have to have pics!!!!
        5 STAR GENERAL OF THE SG ARMY
        http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=1232460
        "WE ROCK THE WORLD"

great dealings with: jj pistols, Mr. goodbomb +1, splendor, puckman, mike fiasco +1, johnny z, minitruth, alley trash, teamodave, sxyryan, GUITAR HEEL, twisty571

definition of expert= an "ex" is something that once was. a "spurt" is a drip under pressure

the work begins again, the hope rise's a new,The dream lives on. E.M.Kennedy

Comment

my guild s100 has a phase switch.

and +1 on the pics
          Amps:
          Le Hornette VJ mod
          Zinky Blue Velvet 50w
          Markbass 'Combo Head'

Guitars:
          Moose Jaw
          Guild S100 (w/ Rio Grande Texas and SD JB)
          Fernandes Strat (Rio Grande Muy Macho Set)
          Vintage MIJ tele knockoff heavily 'personalized'
          Yairi Alvarez DY40C
          Fender MIM J-Bass
          Ibanez POS 4-string

Comment

Is the X-79 the odd shaped Guild KK Downing used to play?

Comment

I've never played one, but looking to snag one up when I find a steal of a deal

Here's one that's on Ebay

This space intentionally left blank

Comment

The bass player in the band I was in in high school had a black sparkle x-79 bass. It was pretty cool.

Comment

a high school buddy had one of those in red. I remember it played really good. This was back in '87. I think he traded it for a "St. Louis Blues" strat copy!
                  GuitarsWolfgang Standard, Edwards E-LP-85CD, Wolf 540TM Amps Bogner XTC 101B, Blackstar HT5-H, Marshall 1960A, Marshall 1960B 'custom' EffectsG Major, Bad Horsie, DMC Ground Control
                  Web Site
                  http://www.baconlips.com

Comment

Here is mine. I am slowly bringing it back to it's original glory.
                    LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I have an 80's X-88 and since 88 is a bigger number than 79, mine must be better . Honestly though, I don't remember the Guilds having much in the way of elaborate wiring. This is of course from my limited experince with whatever Sam Ash had in the store at the time.
                      BTW - if anyone cares about such things. The Guild necks were some of the fastest, truest, nicest necks ever made. My X-88 is a rock machine...and it's white and pointy....

Originally posted by skratch63
                      Gibson Les Paul StdPRS Custom 24Ibanez AR2000VVGuild X-88Mesa Mini-RecBlackstar HT-5Crate V32 (don't laugh it sounds awesome!)Vox AD60VTX

Comment

I dig those but prefer the ones that don't have the whammy bar.

Comment

One of the best looking original 'rock' guitar designs ever, IMHO.

Never got to play one, though...

Larry
                          LarryProud Member: Mazi Bee MilitaGreat deals With: messiahofevil, Belt. xtchc1978, baddmann28, Overwhelmed987,OldGtrNovice,Ejendres and SlaveUnitWon't deal with: Bluesmann (counterfeit guitar fan)

Comment

I have a white X-79. I need to get that one out and see if I can do a setup and clean up the electronics. Mine seems to have pretty high outbut buckers in it. Mine does not have any switches other than a pickup selector switch.

Max
                            http://www.hotboxrox.com

To know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop.

Comment

yep, the venereable X-79.

I have seen them in sparkle, and graphic finishes as well. Some w/ the Gumby headstock as well as an early one that hac the "cloud" headstock. Lightweight and resonant, they kill w/ the right pickups
                              what a load of HOOEEY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X