Hah! MF Just Jumped on the "Lower Gibson Price" bandwagon (3 select models).

GAS Man

• Members
Originally posted by dimmypage

I played a few of these models at Guitar Center a few weeks ago.They are basically $250 guitars with a Gibson headstock.The Vintage Mahogony LP isnt too bad but its Not a Standard.
:wave:

I haven't played al of the models, but I've played the SG and I have to disagree. I thought it felt very nice, maybe not the $680 that they were asking, but definitely worth the $486 I paid for it.:thu:

• Members

M123 is considerably cheaper than MF .

The V is sexy to be sure. A V - to me a least - was never a glamourous guitar, it's kind of a tool. So, the warn cherry thing doesn't bug me.

If I hadn't spent 80 gazillion dollars on Gretsches in the past few months, I'd bite.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Oh and they are {censored}in worms when it comes to pricematches.

I've gotten them to pricematch without problem.

But I did order that Fender FSR (the black strat with tex mex pups, gig bag AND hardshell case) a while back for $400. They pulled the hardshell case part later, after I had ordered it, but I didn't get the case. The MF guy said I was mistaken and that it wasn't on the ad. I sent the guitar back.

• Members
Originally posted by Koz

But I did order that Fender FSR (the black strat with tex mex pups, gig bag AND hardshell case) a while back for $400. They pulled the hardshell case part later, after I had ordered it, but I didn't get the case. The MF guy said I was mistaken and that it wasn't on the ad. I sent the guitar back.

THAT is {censored}ed! I remember that was their deal and I didn't even order one!

On the otherhand, you should have heard the attitude I got from M123 when I asked them to price match MF's deal on the Gretsch 6128T-1957 Duo Jet. The guy had some emotion in his tone and said, "no way. that's under our cost, and at that price MF doesn't have them in either". It was such an absurd response I didn't argue with him or even get angry, I just called MF and ordered the Gretsch (but have to pay sales tax from them :( )

So far the only store I've done plenty of business with without getting screwed on any of the deals is AMS. Plus, they actually do ship the next day, unlike MF or M123 who merely state that they ship same day or next. MF finds lots of excuses like, waiting on your credit card to approve payment, even when you know that is total bull{censored}.

• Members

Originally posted by Koz

What bull{censored}! I remember that deal too. Not only did it say in the online ad that the guitar included gigbag AND hard case, but also in the print catalog, which I'm looking at right now. The deal is on the cover of the catalog as well as in the sale insert.

• Members
Originally posted by RudeMood

+1 ***digging in the couch cushions***
broke.gif

$486 http://www.music123.com/Gibson-V-Factor-Faded--Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-i73821.music

http://www.music123.com/CustomerService/csShop_creditapp.aspx

"6 Months No Payments, No Interest Option*

No payment and no interest for 6 months on purchases of $299 to $498.99."

Add some strings and =>

"12 Months No Interest Option*

Pay no interest for 12 months on purchases from $499 to $698.99. Regular monthly payments are required during the interest-free period. "

:D

Archived