Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hah! MF Just Jumped on the "Lower Gibson Price" bandwagon (3 select models).

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah! MF Just Jumped on the "Lower Gibson Price" bandwagon (3 select models).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?N=100001&Ntk=P_PID&Ntt=517222+517336+51 7536&Ntx=mode+matchany

remember folks, the V is cheaper at www.music123.com
    A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
    HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
    Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
    I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Damn, I wish I could find a Flying V that cheap in Europe...
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with : <i>no fate, IrishWhiplash, narwhal,shreder13, cloudy house, ampman1989</i></div>

Comment

I played a few of these models at Guitar Center a few weeks ago.They are basically $250 guitars with a Gibson headstock.The Vintage Mahogony LP isnt too bad but its Not a Standard.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">R I P Leopardstar<br />
      <div class="bbcode_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote">
      <div class="quote_container">
      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Originally Posted by jjpistols <br />
      yeah it's funny to watch internet idiots talk **************** knowing they've never accomplished a ****************in thing musically

</div>
      </div>
      </div> </div>

Comment

Originally posted by dimmypage
        I played a few of these models at Guitar Center a few weeks ago.They are basically $250 guitars with a Gibson headstock.The Vintage Mahogony LP isnt too bad but its Not a Standard.

I haven't played al of the models, but I've played the SG and I have to disagree. I thought it felt very nice, maybe not the $680 that they were asking, but definitely worth the $486 I paid for it.
        Guitars: 2 Partscasters (SSS and SSH), Gibson SG Special Faded (heavily modified)
        Effects: RMC4 Wah, BYOC Envelope Filter/Auto-Wah, Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, EHX Big Muff Pi, Marshall BB-2, EHX Soul Food, BYOC TS-808, EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez DE7
        Amp: Fender Blues Junior with BillM mods

Comment

And they can keep their planks and any other future planks. Blegh!

I hate MF. And 123.

Comment

MF won't price match on the V, after all i've bought from those ****************ers...
            <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?&quot;</div>

Comment

What happen a day or so ago I saw it aeound $480, now it's $579.99...
              <div class="signaturecontainer">1974 Gibson Les Paul<br />
              2002 American Fat Strat<br />
              2006 American Deluxe LSR LT Stratocaster<br />
              1998 BM100 Rivera Amp<br />
              2003 F30 Mesa Boogie<br />
              1976 Music Man HD130 Amp w/2x12 cabinet</div>

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFromHelly
                MF won't price match on the V, after all i've bought from those ****************ers...

Yeah they treat their customers like ****************. The last straw for me was their bait and switch on the SG JR.

Comment

Originally posted by batotman

Yeah they treat their customers like ****************. The last straw for me was their bait and switch on the SG JR.
                  What'd they do? They screwed me out of the SG jr. deal too
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?&quot;</div>

Comment

Oh and they are ****************in worms when it comes to pricematches.

Comment

M123 is considerably cheaper than MF .

The V is sexy to be sure. A V - to me a least - was never a glamourous guitar, it's kind of a tool. So, the warn cherry thing doesn't bug me.

If I hadn't spent 80 gazillion dollars on Gretsches in the past few months, I'd bite.

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home...x=mode+matchany

Funny, I've owned 2 out of 3 of those guitars. The Vintage Mahogany was a good guitar. The Faded SG, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by batotman
                          Oh and they are ****************in worms when it comes to pricematches.

I've gotten them to pricematch without problem.

But I did order that Fender FSR (the black strat with tex mex pups, gig bag AND hardshell case) a while back for $400. They pulled the hardshell case part later, after I had ordered it, but I didn't get the case. The MF guy said I was mistaken and that it wasn't on the ad. I sent the guitar back.

Comment

Originally posted by Koz

But I did order that Fender FSR (the black strat with tex mex pups, gig bag AND hardshell case) a while back for $400. They pulled the hardshell case part later, after I had ordered it, but I didn't get the case. The MF guy said I was mistaken and that it wasn't on the ad. I sent the guitar back.

THAT is ****************ed! I remember that was their deal and I didn't even order one!

On the otherhand, you should have heard the attitude I got from M123 when I asked them to price match MF's deal on the Gretsch 6128T-1957 Duo Jet. The guy had some emotion in his tone and said, "no way. that's under our cost, and at that price MF doesn't have them in either". It was such an absurd response I didn't argue with him or even get angry, I just called MF and ordered the Gretsch (but have to pay sales tax from them )

So far the only store I've done plenty of business with without getting screwed on any of the deals is AMS. Plus, they actually do ship the next day, unlike MF or M123 who merely state that they ship same day or next. MF finds lots of excuses like, waiting on your credit card to approve payment, even when you know that is total bull****************.
                            A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                            HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                            Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                            I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

I'd like to get one of these:

<div class="signaturecontainer">~ Fear is your only god ~</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X