Rondo Music Closing shop in New Jersey

ChrisGansz

• Members

I went to Rondo music today to buy a SKY Stevie Ray Vaughan replica Strat by SX (later post when I get some batteries for my camera). On my way onto Route 22 in Union there is a big "Building For Sale" sign hanging on the side of the store. One of the sales reps informed me that Kurt is moving the on line business to New Hampshire and he might open a store there. Bummer - now what am I gonna do for immediate guitar GAS gratification:(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by FUBTAG

Where is Rondo? I know NJ.. but what is the address? I couldn't find it online... I am sure if I search more I can find it -- but this is so much easier! And you guys are always so accomodating.

Rondo Music

1597 US HWY 22 West

Union, NJ 07083

You didn't look very hard

http://www.rondomusic.net/directions.html

:p

• Members

Thats terrible, I've been going there since I was a kid and bought tons of gear from them back in the day. I can understand why he wants to move though.

One thing I have to say is that I always see cars there so they must be doing ok there.

• Members

Too bad. I used to go there way back in the 80s. I've been in and out a few times this year to check out the Agile hype. Never left with one though. Nice family buisness. I wish them continued success. It's a loss for the area to have another mom and pop shop close up.

• Members

Originally posted by stingxnj

Too bad. I used to go there way back in the 80s. I've been in and out a few times this year to check out the Agile hype. Never left with one though. Nice family buisness. I wish them continued success. It's a loss for the area to have another mom and pop shop close up.

Interesting pedal in your avatar. Tell me a little about it please.

57GT:)

• Members

Originally posted by Chris Gansz

I went to Rondo music today to buy a SKY Stevie Ray Vaughan replica Strat by SX (later post when I get some batteries for my camera). On my way onto Route 22 in Union there is a big "Building For Sale" sign hanging on the side of the store. One of the sales reps informed me that Kurt is moving the on line business to New Hampshire and he might open a store there. Bummer - now what am I gonna do for immediate guitar GAS gratification:(

That sucks, bro.

Rondo Music has been my Mom & Pop music store since 1969 - back then I use to go there to get my cartridges & stylus for whatever turntable was hooked up to my stereo. It's only been within the past 5 years that I have been going there for guitars & accessories.

I heard a rumor back in August when I was there that Kurt was considering a move to NH. Hey, God bless him - whatever is going to put more $$$ in his pocket. NJ is becoming more of a pain in the rump as time goes by.

I want to be there when they lock the door for the last time - should be an interesting experience.

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

considering
in union, nj, i wouldn't want to operate a retail business there either. it's sad, they've been there since 1959

what 'chu talkin' about Willis?

Up here in New Joisey (I live about 8 miles away from Rondo) we get shootings like that on a daily {censored}in' basis.

I don't blame Kurt one bit for getting the hell outta here - plus Route 22 where he's located is a friggin' traffic nightmare at times.

Archived