Fender Stage 112SE Amp

Jimmy310

• Members

I just played on my roomates fender stage 112SE amp and wow, i was amazed. He sucks at guitar and he has this heavenly 100W amp sitting around. Its loud as hell and sounds great with my bad monkey and agile...at 1/2 level dialed in on the pedal and less than 1 on the amps volume, this thing is probobly loud enough to play with a drummer.

How much do the fender stage 212's go for? I got gas now! I have no doubt that my sg would sound nothing short of greatness with this amp.

• Members

I always liked the Fender Stage Series amps. I saw Elvin Bishop this summer and his 335 sounded great through a Fender Stage 212. Your SG has got to sound good through one of those as well.

I have seen the Stage series 212's go for $200 - $400 on Ebay. There are a few in that price range right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stage-Lead-Amp-2x12-Original-Speakers-1983-85_W0QQitemZ130051686256

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-STAGE-1600-COMBO-AMP-EXCELLENT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ140057554704

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-GUITAR-AMP-STAGE-LEAD-212-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ180055984276

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-STAGE-160-LIKE-NEW_W0QQitemZ320055719593

• Members

Originally posted by machine gunner

I have a Stage 185- clean headroom for miles and will tear the paint off the walls, great reverb also. OD leaves something to be desired, however.

Thats where the pedals come in. Somebody, give me a better suggestion for a amp other than the fender stage 160 2x12 combo for a gigging/band practice amp for around 400 used. I want a 2x12.

• Members

Tech 21 Trademark 120. I have the 60 which I gigged with in a 4 piece and it was loud enough without micing to cut through. I imagine the 120 is super loud. You won't need a pedal for these, they sound great. A big plus on these amps is the footswitchable boost. Slightly higher than your budget.

Roland JC 120. Bought a USA made one when I was in college (mid 90's) for $200. Volume never made it past 3 in a band setting. Actually made a profit when I sold it. Nice loud and headroom for days. You will clearly need a pedal for these for any kind of gain. On the flip side, sweet chorus and vibrato built in.

• Members

I have a Stage 185- clean headroom for miles and will tear the paint off the walls, great reverb also. OD leaves something to be desired, however.

The Voodoo Child clip in my sig was played on a Stage 185. It's pretty freakin' loud! I have never fully cranked that amp.

• Members

I've got a late 90's Fender Deluxe 112+ which is a lot like the Stage 112.

It's 100W through a single 12".

In a practice setup with a drummer and a bass playing through an Ampeg full-stack, it cuts above everything at around 4 and a half. So crazy loud for its size.

• Members

Take a look at the Deluxe 85 also.

I played in a pretty loud band in college and used this for practice/gigging. Sure, it had to be mic'd at larger clubs, but as far as solid-state amps go, it was a great amp. I wish I still had it, actually. I went back and forth between using pedals and just channel switching, plus you can use the parrallel channel mode to get some pretty cool sounds, too.

I think these go for around $200 on the bay.

Also keep your eyes out for a Peavey Encore 65. Awesome tube amp that is pretty underrated and can quite often found for a steal. Friggin loud, but very versatile.

The Peavey Triumph 60 is pretty underappreciated, as well, IMHO.

• Members
Originally posted by Burgess

The Voodoo Child clip in my sig was played on a Stage 185. It's pretty freakin' loud! I have never fully cranked that amp.

Sounds great Burgess- I've never maxed mine out before either and I use to gig w/ it about 15-16 years ago- I've since retired it and use it as a practice amp. And it's not just really loud- it's stupid loud!! :D

• Members

Sounds great Burgess- I've never maxed mine out before either and I use to gig w/ it about 15-16 years ago- I've since retired it and use it as a practice amp. And it's not just really loud- it's stupid loud!!
:D

Thanks! And yeah, I remember jammin with some guys once and the other guitar player had a Marshall halfer, says to me, "That's not gonna be enough amp." Of course when we were all done he says."That little amp is loud!" I can imagine you've heard the same thing a few times. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Burgess

Thanks! And yeah, I remember jammin with some guys once and the other guitar player had a Marshall halfer, says to me, "That's not gonna be enough amp." Of course when we were all done he says."That little amp is loud!" I can imagine you've heard the same thing a few times.
;)

Oh, I have!! Most of the time however, the other guys wouldn't say anything- they'd kind of just give a disapproving look. But when they heard it...:D

Archived