NGD (Flash me some Boobies!)

yz250f49

• Members

Alright, found me one at a different guitar shop. Blonde with a white pickguard. (didn't know they made them in white.)

Got it for about $107 OTD. Told them they were on the web for $99.99, gave me no argument and rang it up . Covered by 1 year warrenty and a free set up.

Here it is:

P1130023.jpg

See eariler thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1501399

• Members

Alright, found me one at a different guitar shop. Blonde with a white pickguard. (didn't know they made them in white.)

Well that's interesting that you found one in that color combo. That is "NOS" new old stock. They quit making them in that color combo back in 2005.

That color combo was a kinda mistake. The Indonesian manufacturer ran some batches of them with the white pg and white neck pup until Fender/Squier corrected it to the black pg w black neck pup.

When I ordered my first '51 around the Fall of '05 I was expecting mine to show up with the white pg too. But they had jut got it corrected and the batch mine was plucked from was now black plastic.

But I think it's cool that you scored the white plastic version. It's kinda like a postage stamp that is printed off-center and becomes more collectible to stamp collector.

So how ya likin it so far??

• Members

Well that's interesting that you found one in that color combo. That is "NOS" new old stock. They quit making them in that color combo back in 2005.

That color combo was a kinda mistake. The Indonesian manufacturer ran some batches of them with the white pg and white neck pup until Fender/Squier corrected it to the black pg w black neck pup.

When I ordered my first '51 around the Fall of '05 I was expecting mine to show up with the white pg too. But they had jut got it corrected and the batch mine was plucked from was now black plastic.

But I think it's cool that you scored the white plastic version. It's kinda like a postage stamp that is printed off-center and becomes more collectible to stamp collector.

So how ya likin it so far??

Thanks, yeah I was going to ask you about that. NOS.

Seems a lot of the shops around here have NOS. Maybe they just can't move stuff in quantities like the MF's and Sam Ash's can.

Played it just a little when I got home, the whole family is kind of down withe the flu right now, but it does feel pretty comfortable. :thu:

• Members

Good, no Great! I'm glad you didn't wind up caving to the first shop owner.

Even though I like the black pickguard better, it's cool to have the "mistake" guitar. I'd leave it alone and not do anything to it, except the GFS bridge, which is a great cheap reversible upgrade.

Check out the 51 board at http://www.instituteofnoise.com/squier51/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

• Members

Good, no Great! I'm glad you didn't wind up caving to the first shop owner.

Even though I like the black pickguard better, it's cool to have the "mistake" guitar. I'd leave it alone and not do anything to it, except the GFS bridge, which is a great cheap reversible upgrade.

Check out the 51 board at
http://www.instituteofnoise.com/squier51/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Thanks, actually I kind of like the white better. I think a White Pearloid would really look sweet.

Thanks for the link.:thu:

Archived