Schecter Super Rock pickups?

zer0psi

• Members

very similar to high output Anderson pickups (H3 I think?)

Reason being Anderson cut his teeth with Schecter many many moons ago.

They are STUPID high output.

I had a Schecter Exotic for about year or so. And with my amp rig I typicaly have both a BBE sonicstomp and TS9 in front of my amp.

The BBE is always on, and provides a very very subtle clean boost, and I used the TS9 as a boost as well.

With the Schecter I couldnt use either at all. The pickups were just so damned powerful than even just a slight boost from the BBE was too much and created uncontrolable feedback.

This was going into either a Mesa Recto or F-100

• Members

No Soul..............Have you ever heard of Duncan Designed SUPER ROCK's? Thats whats going in the NEW Schecter PT? So the OLDEWR ones must have had the origina; Super Rocks.

I think you have your pickups confused

Schecter was nothing but an aftermarket parts maker for the longest time.

The SuperRock is an old design of theirs, it has nothing to do with Duncan.

• Members

If you look on the MF web sight! Then type in Schecter PT. Read what type of pick-ups it is equipped with. They are Duncan Desiged Super Rock pups? I'll save you the hassle! What they actually are or how they relate to the OLDER Super Rocks is a completely different issue.

• Members

If you look on the MF web sight! Then type in Schecter PT. Read what type of pick-ups it is equipped with. They are Duncan Desiged Super Rock pups? I'll save you the hassle! What they actually are or how they relate to the OLDER Super Rocks is a completely different issue.

WELL FUCK!

You read it on a website?

WELL WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

:p

come on man, its a typo

those are not SuperRocks

hr_c1_exotic_hsn.jpg

those are

• Members

No I don't think so either. matter of fact, I think they are throwing the name in the mix for sales purpose. I bet they RETAIN -O- qualities of the Super Rock. I'll bet you could find the Originals on E-Bay though. It really wasn't all that long ago. Freaking amazing how time flies! I sold a 95 American Standard Strat I bought NEW! Sold it as a VINTAGE piece!! I just been fooling with these Tom DeLonge Strats, they are selling as RARE! Seems like yesterday they were in Sam Ash!!! Believe it or not I have one on E-Bay. if it don't sell this trip. I'm keeping it. I actually have Bonded with it the last few days. The Strat plays great. The INVADER is, well? Different. But my pedal-board has all the right piece's to push the hell out of it! OH SUPER ROCK sorry!

• Members

No I don't think so either. matter of fact, I think they are throwing the name in the mix for sales purpose. I bet they RETAIN -O- qualities of the Super Rock. I'll bet you could find the Originals on E-Bay though. It really wasn't all that long ago. Freaking amazing how time flies! I sold a 95 American Standard Strat I bought NEW! Sold it as a VINTAGE piece!! I just been fooling with these Tom DeLonge Strats, they are selling as RARE! Seems like yesterday they were in Sam Ash!!! Believe it or not I have one on E-Bay. if it don't sell this trip. I'm keeping it. I actually have Bonded with it the last few days. The Strat plays great. The INVADER is, well? Different. But my pedal-board has all the right piece's to push the hell out of it! OH SUPER ROCK sorry!

all I have to say is if you like the Invader than all your opinions from this point on are completely null and void to me:p

• Members

Really....I'm into Vintage Strat pups. The INVADER just happened to be in the TD, I couldn't pass on that Strat. Man it plays nice. Excellent Fretjob, Vinatge hardware, hardtail. The pickup I have dropped WAY down. But its not bad. Can't bring it up anywhere NEAR 1/8 away from the strings. Amp starts screaming immediatly. Definatly an experience!

• Members

So hows that EXOTIC sound?

very very bright and powerful

it was good, not my cup of tea though really.

I sold mine after about a year.

I think I sold it to bank roll my SG or maybe my Bogner?

Cant say I miss it or regret selling it

I bought it to be my gigging guitar, but I dont think I ever used it live once.

It just never clicked with me. Id be lying if I said it wasnt a great guitar, especially for the money. Just not my cup of tea in the end.

• Members

Sound like me. I sold my Classic to buy American. I really dig Schecters. I loved the C-SH1. But when a fellow in town offered me a trade for a San Dima's CS Strat? I jumped on it. The JACKSON was PINK! But it had a Reverse Bound Brazilian rosewood board on it. Very RARE from what the guys told me on the Jackson forum. I sold it for $7 bills. Heck thats $100 more than the CSH1 s go for new. So that worked very well. I LEARNED one thing though! I really like the Jackson J-100 single-coils. Especially in the neck. Another small issue i have with Schecter. Is the 24 fret guitars? I dig 22 frets. And I really believe the neck pick-up sounds MUCH BETTER on 22's. But a C series with a 22 neck? I'd be on it! RIGHT NOW the C-SH-1 could be bought in last years color of Vintage Red for $399. MF will tell you its $599. But if you mention to them its in the catalog posted at $399. They will honor the price!! If there's any Vinatge Red left! There WERE on SUNDAY!

• Members

And I really believe the neck pick-up sounds MUCH BETTER on 22's. But a C series with a 22 neck? I'd be on it! RIGHT NOW the C-SH-1 could be bought in last years color of Vintage Red for $399. MF will tell you its $599. But if you mention to them its in the catalog posted at $399. They will honor the price!! If there's any Vinatge Red left! There WERE on SUNDAY!

22 neck pup does sound better.

Thats really where my SG looses out to my Les Pauls.

But maybe thats why I own several Les Pauls and only one SG :D

c1+ I think is 22 fret and 24.75" scale?

Archived