Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Super Rock pickups?

I like the looks of them. Anyone have any experience with them? What do they sound similar to/different than? Would you put them on par w SD's/DiMarzios/etc.?
    a/c- EBMM Albert Lee SSS - Sky Blue- Kramer 'Wedge' aluminum neck - Red- Two-Rock Exo15 - Black/grey- Suhr Riot- Emperor 2x12/1x15 cabinet - Walnut/silver grille

very similar to high output Anderson pickups (H3 I think?)
    Reason being Anderson cut his teeth with Schecter many many moons ago.

They are STUPID high output.

I had a Schecter Exotic for about year or so. And with my amp rig I typicaly have both a BBE sonicstomp and TS9 in front of my amp.
    The BBE is always on, and provides a very very subtle clean boost, and I used the TS9 as a boost as well.

With the Schecter I couldnt use either at all. The pickups were just so damned powerful than even just a slight boost from the BBE was too much and created uncontrolable feedback.

This was going into either a Mesa Recto or F-100
    TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
    and rogue agent of the SG Army
    Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

Didn't they come stock in the PT-tele? If those are the pups, I wouldn't say they are in the same league with DiMarzio or SD.
      Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

Comment

no, the PT has some duncan designed, so sorry GarysBlues, they would be in the same league.. :b
        TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
        Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

Yes than by all means DON'T LISTEN TO ME! I was going by the PT pups. THOSE I didn't care for!

Comment

I know Schecter is using DD and the real Duncans, but arn't they using the Super Rocks in something? Seems I remember the name? I just can't remember in WHAT?

Comment

No Soul..............Have you ever heard of Duncan Designed SUPER ROCK's? Thats whats going in the NEW Schecter PT? So the OLDEWR ones must have had the origina; Super Rocks.

Comment

Hmm....I was just asking because they looked really badass with the big mag polepieces, but I could only find one review.

Stupid high output? I have an X2N in one guitar.
                a/c- EBMM Albert Lee SSS - Sky Blue- Kramer 'Wedge' aluminum neck - Red- Two-Rock Exo15 - Black/grey- Suhr Riot- Emperor 2x12/1x15 cabinet - Walnut/silver grille

Comment

No Soul..............Have you ever heard of Duncan Designed SUPER ROCK's? Thats whats going in the NEW Schecter PT? So the OLDEWR ones must have had the origina; Super Rocks.

I think you have your pickups confused

Schecter was nothing but an aftermarket parts maker for the longest time.
                  The SuperRock is an old design of theirs, it has nothing to do with Duncan.
                  TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
                  Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

Stupid high output? I have an X2N in one guitar.

yeah, its kinda like that
                    TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
                    Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

If you look on the MF web sight! Then type in Schecter PT. Read what type of pick-ups it is equipped with. They are Duncan Desiged Super Rock pups? I'll save you the hassle! What they actually are or how they relate to the OLDER Super Rocks is a completely different issue.

Comment

If you look on the MF web sight! Then type in Schecter PT. Read what type of pick-ups it is equipped with. They are Duncan Desiged Super Rock pups? I'll save you the hassle! What they actually are or how they relate to the OLDER Super Rocks is a completely different issue.

WELL ****************!
                        You read it on a website?
                        WELL WHY DIDNT YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

come on man, its a typo
                        those are not SuperRocks

those are
                        TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
                        Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

No I don't think so either. matter of fact, I think they are throwing the name in the mix for sales purpose. I bet they RETAIN -O- qualities of the Super Rock. I'll bet you could find the Originals on E-Bay though. It really wasn't all that long ago. Freaking amazing how time flies! I sold a 95 American Standard Strat I bought NEW! Sold it as a VINTAGE piece!! I just been fooling with these Tom DeLonge Strats, they are selling as RARE! Seems like yesterday they were in Sam Ash!!! Believe it or not I have one on E-Bay. if it don't sell this trip. I'm keeping it. I actually have Bonded with it the last few days. The Strat plays great. The INVADER is, well? Different. But my pedal-board has all the right piece's to push the hell out of it! OH SUPER ROCK sorry!

Comment

So hows that EXOTIC sound?

Comment

No I don't think so either. matter of fact, I think they are throwing the name in the mix for sales purpose. I bet they RETAIN -O- qualities of the Super Rock. I'll bet you could find the Originals on E-Bay though. It really wasn't all that long ago. Freaking amazing how time flies! I sold a 95 American Standard Strat I bought NEW! Sold it as a VINTAGE piece!! I just been fooling with these Tom DeLonge Strats, they are selling as RARE! Seems like yesterday they were in Sam Ash!!! Believe it or not I have one on E-Bay. if it don't sell this trip. I'm keeping it. I actually have Bonded with it the last few days. The Strat plays great. The INVADER is, well? Different. But my pedal-board has all the right piece's to push the hell out of it! OH SUPER ROCK sorry!

all I have to say is if you like the Invader than all your opinions from this point on are completely null and void to me
                              TAKE THAT MANDY MOORE!
                              Uberschall Uber Alles

Comment

Working...
                              X