Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey T 60 ?'s

Found this guitar in a local shop today for 250 with a Hard shell. Is this a good deal. Seemed like a decent axe.
    Originally Posted by perrydabassman

Think of it like the guy who walks into the bar and asks every girl in there for a blow job. 9 out of 10 girls is going to smack the **************** out of him, but the tenth......

Good Deals with jlw001, steve_the_hero, wmcjhi, this1smyne, Rock_Lobster, Atrox, HanSolo

I've had my eye on one for a while. They sell on Ebay for $200 on up. I'd jump on it if you try it/like it.
    New name, same great service...

Good trades with dcindc, PJMPirate, Ra_, Chris Gansz, MattSkibaIsGOD, blueshawk1, tincob, hare.29, sheepeH, leopardstar, taylor210eman, iplayanesp, Doctor Morbius, Vince, _pete_, Extant, jlw001, ylwledbetter68, RedsFan75, Meowy, Dmerge, jthomas, housered, cavpilot, SnoMan97, ejendres, narwhal, mikew, GuitarNoobie, Tweedledee, Brian Krashpad, d_dave_c, kojdogg

Originally Posted by Dom1412

I am awareness.

Comment

Excellent Price.....

In fact, I was looking just today on EBay and noticed that the T-60's are being listed with BIN prices from $350 on up....

The MIA T-60's are great guitars..

"It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." Jimi Hendrix ~ 1968

Comment

That white one is perfection
        Bouquet of clumsy words

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

**************** you and Jason Mraz.

Comment

Good deal. Those are getting more expensive all the time on ebay.
          G&L Legacy, G&L S-500, Heritage H137

Comment

heavy. Really, really heavy. Every T-60 I have ever played has been like 'boat anchor' heavy. They're all maple right?
            GuitarsWolfgang Standard, Edwards E-LP-85CD, Wolf 540TM Amps Bogner XTC 101B, Blackstar HT5-H, Marshall 1960A, Marshall 1960B 'custom' EffectsG Major, Bad Horsie, DMC Ground Control
            Web Site
            http://www.baconlips.com

Comment

heavy. Really, really heavy. Every T-60 I have ever played has been like 'boat anchor' heavy. They're all maple right?

They're ash and I have a 1978 8M serial number (first production run) which is the slab body (later models were contoured) and it's no heavier than a Les Paul.

For $250, I would jump on that guitar. In fact, you CAN jump on them and they will stay in tune.
              www.kingsofthedrink.com

Originally Posted by Prages

I think everyone in the world has been lonely at some point in their life...and most of them could have probably written a more betterest song about it.

Originally Posted by tiger roach

Once my mom told me not to go outside because there was a bird fight going on. I thought, "Bird fight, WTF? She can't really think I would fall for that crap." So I went outside anyway and a bird pecked me on the head.

Originally Posted by gennation

Negatory, even dressed as a man I'm more of a man than you.

Comment

Peavey prices are really starting to climb. Makes me wish I'd bought two predators when I did, one to keep and age like I did, and one to flip.

Comment

those things are on my "if you happen to see one in a store, buy it for that price" list. i wouldn't go out of my way to track one down, but if a deal fell in my lap...I'd probably hit it.

Comment

Well I was Fender shopping when I saw this one. Buy the time I spotted it, I just scoped it out cosmetically. I may have to go back and play it now.
                    Originally Posted by perrydabassman

Think of it like the guy who walks into the bar and asks every girl in there for a blow job. 9 out of 10 girls is going to smack the **************** out of him, but the tenth......

Good Deals with jlw001, steve_the_hero, wmcjhi, this1smyne, Rock_Lobster, Atrox, HanSolo

Comment

Make sure you get the case. They won't fit in most generic fenderish gig bags and cases. If you want to sell it/ship it, the case makes a huge difference.

I have a slab PAF one that I bought new in '80 or '81 and it weighs like 11 pounds. I picked up a contoured white one with a rosewood neck and rails that had some electronic issue for $175 w/ the case from samash a while back. I only bought it because I knew it was a good price.
                      This space intentionally left blank

Comment

Don't have the figures handy (I posted them earlier in various T-60 threads), but I've owned 3 different T-60's, and using an accurate digital scale they all weighed between 7.5 to 8.5 pounds.

Not much heavier than my average Strat or Tele..
                        "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." Jimi Hendrix ~ 1968

Comment

They're ash and I have a 1978 8M serial number (first production run) which is the slab body (later models were contoured) and it's no heavier than a Les Paul.

For $250, I would jump on that guitar. In fact, you CAN jump on them and they will stay in tune.

Haha, Brakster speak truth!

Yeah $250 w/ohsc is a very good price. I got a black T-60 a couple years ago w/ohsc for two Benjamins and didn't even dicker with the pawnshop I bought from.

Which is very unlike me.

They're quite versatile guitars once you learn their tone/splitter function. Definitely gigworthy bone stock.

An added plus is that the bursts and colors usually are a smidgen more valuable than the ubiquitous natural-finished ones.
                          Visit Crash Pad at:
                          http://CrashPadBand.com
                          CONSUME!:
                          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                          Gear List/Pics:
                          https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Here is the original case that came with the T-60's.

Talk about sturdy. They are built to last 1,200 years.

You can still find them on EvilBay, but it would be a big plus if the guitar you are looking at came with one....

Comment

Almost bought a nice burst on E-Bay a week or so ago. His BIN was $350 with the case. Both MINT. I thought about it. Then sent him a a E-Mail. GONE? Seems most of the one's in the $250 range have issues. Also you have to look good at the bodies. Sometimes the Three piece Ash is matched terrible. Others look very good.
                              Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X