X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing scratches from guitar?

the HC search didn't come back with anything, so I'll post with clear conscience;

anyone out there know how to get minor scratches out of a guitar's finish? I have a Gibson SG special that could use a little going over before it goes up on the 'bay (i really like my buyers to get a beautiful guitar everytime). i believe it's nitro i'm dealing with on this one.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

no one? i did a little searching online before posting this, and there's some mention of maguire's scratch x. anyone use this for guitars?
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

Comment

I use the Fender stuff, but you can just use auto polishes. They're basically the same.
      http://www.artistryintitanium.com/

Comment

i did the thread about it few days ago :P
        Music has to breathe and sweat. You have to play it live

Owner of CeriatoneForum.Com

Comment

I use the Fender stuff, but you can just use auto polishes. They're basically the same.

thank you!

Comment

I've used Scratch X on poly finishes before with no problem. Works like a charm on cd's and dvd's too.
            Epiphone Korina Explorer
            Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Bullseye LP Custom
            Agile AL-2000
            Rogue PRS copy
            Ovation Celebrity CS257 Acoustic
            Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12

Originally Posted by LoboR1
            I use them to blow the skirts off the ladies and melt the faces off the mofo's that challenge me to guitar duels. This happens daily so I have to always have an extra set of high gain p'ups due to wear 'n tear!

Comment

I've used Meguier's Swirl Remover. The result wasn't as noticable as I hoped.

Comment

i did the thread about it few days ago :P

yeah, i just saw that. kind of a rollercoaster of explanation and re-explanation.

Comment

I've used Scratch X on poly finishes before with no problem. Works like a charm on cd's and dvd's too.

thanks for the reply~ any concern for use on nitro, in your opinion?

Comment

thanks for the reply~ any concern for use on nitro, in your opinion?

I wouldnt think so, but without having ever done it, you should probably take my input with a grain of salt. I dont want to be resposible for a f-ed up paintjob.
                    Epiphone Korina Explorer
                    Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Bullseye LP Custom
                    Agile AL-2000
                    Rogue PRS copy
                    Ovation Celebrity CS257 Acoustic
                    Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12

Originally Posted by LoboR1
                    I use them to blow the skirts off the ladies and melt the faces off the mofo's that challenge me to guitar duels. This happens daily so I have to always have an extra set of high gain p'ups due to wear 'n tear!

Comment

Working...
                    X