Best Cheap Telecaster?

housered

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the SX ones from Rondo. As with all cheap guitars, it's hit and miss quality-wise but overall they've gotten good reviews, considering the price. The hitches with them are: (1) Many aftermarket parts won't fit them exactly and will require a little skill to get them to fit, (2) The headstock shape is non-Tele, and (3) the frets are jumbo frets (and I mean jumbo) and this throws some people off.

The Tradition Teles seem to have a following around here too and I've heard good stuff about them.

The Squier line seems to have been upgraded within the past year or two and are holding their own against other lower end imports where before they were losing ground fast.

• Members

Here's my thinking!..........Watch the price's NOW! The 06 Fenders have to go! The MIM as with EVERY YEAR will be knocked down $100 bucks. The 06 upgrades to the MIM Standard line were significant! They sell at $399. At $299, you can't get a better Telecaster! Thew Squie you are talking about above sells for $229. I seen one this week, And it needed fretwork. The MIM is the ticket!!

• Members

Thanks!

I was wondering if the cheap brands are known for different positive attributes. What I mean by that is, say, budget telecaster brand X is known for it's necks; whereas, budget telecaster brand Y produces great bodies or pickups.

• Members

Get your car keys, drive to sam ash or guitar center, get the squier affinity telecaster (preferably in the honey finish).

best under $200 guitar ive ever played. amazing action and playability for such a cheap instrument.

looks amazing, just put in a nice 3 ply pickguard and you're all set. the pickups on it are pretty impressive. all in all i am happy as hell with mine.

teleandv8.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by GarysBlues

BTW I was looking at that JT Tele a couple weeks back on E-Bay! Nice tele. they wanted like $4 and change though? Is that what is usually go's for?

$4???

Whats the listing number?

Was the auction over?

:confused:

• Members

Have to look around for it. They are out there! Played a 50's Esquire the other day. Unbelievable Tone for a Bridge pup. But we are starting to talk a little more cash with the 50's and 60's Fenders. Dillion use to make a great Thinline and Solidbody. I haven't seen much of his stuff as I use to? I heard his out of Viet-Namm? That doesn't have a QUALITY ring to it! us e to be from Korea? What happened? Didn't work cheap enough their? DAMN!

• Moderators

Originally posted by HEPNOTIC

Get your car keys, drive to sam ash or guitar center, get the squier affinity telecaster (preferably in the honey finish).

best under $200 guitar ive ever played. amazing action and playability for such a cheap instrument.

looks amazing, just put in a nice 3 ply pickguard and you're all set. the pickups on it are pretty impressive. all in all i am happy as hell with mine.

teleandv8.jpg

I havent yuet heard a bad thing about these. I'd have one if it had a decent size nut...41mm:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by GarysBlues

Have to look around for it. They are out there! Played a 50's Esquire the other day. Unbelievable Tone for a Bridge pup. But we are starting to talk a little more cash with the 50's and 60's Fenders. Dillion use to make a great Thinline and Solidbody. I haven't seen much of his stuff as I use to? I heard his out of Viet-Namm? That doesn't have a QUALITY ring to it! us e to be from Korea? What happened? Didn't work cheap enough their? DAMN!

Gary did you buy the Esquire you were looking at?

• Members

Originally posted by bjcarl

one of these days:

jt-lt-rw.jpg

unique yet vintage...kinda george harrison~y:thu:

I wished we had Jay Turser stuff over here :( Had to order my Paisley from overseas (which adds $100 shipping + 22,7% customs). :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by Ratae Coritanorum

Can't we get any JTs over here then Arkay?

I've just done a search on that one and can't find it for sale anywhere.

You will find the odd model on eBay sometimes, but so far I haven't found a dealer. Some of the bizarre Alden stuff appears to be coming from the same factory, but they don't have any of the tele models I'm interested in.

Guess I'll have to pray for this Fenix to show up instead :D

Bild012.jpgBild016.jpg

The guy who owns it doesn't want to part with it :(

• Moderators

Originally posted by ArKay

You will find the odd model on eBay sometimes, but so far I haven't found a dealer. Some of the bizarre Alden stuff appears to be coming from the same factory, but they don't have any of the tele models I'm interested in.

Guess I'll have to pray for this Fenix to show up instead
:D

Bild012.jpgBild016.jpg

The guy who owns it doesn't want to part with it
:(

You love your bound colours don't you?:D

Archived