Fernandes Serial Number look up

FUBTAG

• Members

Hey guys,

I just got ANOTHER Tele (it's become a sickness) .. A Fernandes. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that has the serial number lookup (a la like Fender used to have).

When it comes in -- pics will be posted -- Looks cool in the ebay pics though..

Tom

• 12 years later...
1 hour ago, Adultintraining said:

So I bought this Fernandes tele. Freakin love it! Sounds beautiful! However, I need to know how old this bad boy is.Since everyone says the older ones had serial numbers, but on the neck plate, I’m a little confused.. Mines on the headstock? Help if you can guys/gals. Appreciate it!

We'd need more information to have any chance of telling you how old your guitar is. Pictures would also be helpful. :) 

BTW, welcome to Harmony Central. :wave:

• Members
17 hours ago, Adultintraining said:

So I bought this Fernandes tele. Freakin love it! Sounds beautiful! However, I need to know how old this bad boy is.Since everyone says the older ones had serial numbers, but on the neck plate, I’m a little confused.. Mines on the headstock? Help if you can guys/gals. Appreciate it!

See my post above from 2007.  :)  Sticker on the back of the headstock?  Nope.  Sometimes a date can be approximated from the headstock shape and decal.  There' s a website out there somewhere that helps with that.    I reached out to them after buying my first and they said there is no record. Fernandes farmed out production to many factories.

• Like 1

• Members
19 hours ago, Adultintraining said:

Hi and Welcome to the Forums. I owned a Fernandes Strat with the serial number on a sticker on the back of the headstock a few years ago and contacted Fernandes directly. I'm still waiting for a reply. :( Best of luck but don't hold your breath

• Members
On 1/18/2020 at 2:26 PM, 1001gear said:

I recall somebody saying those come from the same factory as MIJ Fenders - whatever those might be. Tokais too prolly.

Dyna Gakki, or so I was informed when I sold my last one.  I knew about Tokai and Fuji Gen, but I had never heard of Dyna.  I did some research and it does look like they were yet another source....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a Fernandes Strat Guitar that also has a sticker on the back of the headstock.  It says Fernandes, Made in Japan and has a serial number 01796.  The headstock is shaped differently than any I have seen.   The Chrome neck plate has Fernandes across the top and Made in Japan across the bottom.   Where the truss rod access would normally be is a brown oval.....of wood.....as if the truss rod hole was filled in ….but looks original.   Nice Sunburst Color

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I have a Fernandes strat copy. It from the 90's. I purchased it new in the summer of 1996, so it was probably made in 1994-95. I want to say that it retailed for $350, but I could be wrong about that. Here is how to identify at least one version of a 90's Fernandes strat, if you use mine as a reference::

• The front of the head stock has "Fernandes Special Edition" printed on it.
  • "Fernandes" is printed in gold letters and the shape of the letters are outlined in black.
  • "Special Edition" is in a smaller font and is solid black.
  • The "F" in Fernandes is slightly larger than the rest of the letters.
  • Has G-Gotoh tuners.
  • On the back of the headstock is a white sticker. Printed on the sticker is  FERNANDES in upper case, followed by the serial number (all numbers, no letters, dashes or spaces) and a  black strip on the bottom of the sticker with "Made in Japan" printed in a white font.
  • Chrome neck plate with "FERNANDES"  and "Made in JAPAN" engraved on it.

Hope this helps someone.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

This Fernandes 1092918587_img(5).thumb.jpeg.f1d4866a52fb75ab3c4ce34e5a1b5323.jpeg60494187_img(7).thumb.jpeg.c560f5afed7f2732ee9283ba944ea06f.jpegLes Paul looking electric coming up for auction anyone recognize the year or any info on it ? Headstock reads Fernandes  and Monterey on the truss rod cover. Back of headstock the serial number is Printed on not a decal FG05020560

img (8).jpeg

Edited by daddymack
removed duplicate pix

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 5/28/2023 at 3:56 PM, team gear up said:

A friend wants to sell me a  Fernandes LE2 serial #09186. Does any one have a idea of what it would worth? It’s in good shape. Everything works. 

$300 to $500 depending on condition and case.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...