Axon AX 50 News

revelingjohn

• Members

Does any one have any idea when this is actually shipping or who the resellers will be? I've scoured the net for info on the AX 50 and all I can find is consistent press release quotations that it "will be available right after NAMM Show 2007". Well the NAMM show has been over for a month. So what's going on with this thing?

• Members

Don't have an answer to your question, but it looks interesting. I have a Godin LGX-SA which tracks flawlessly through my Roland GR-33, but if I take the MIDI out from that to control software instruments, there is a lag. That was disappointing because while I like the GR-33, I had hoped I'd also be able to use it as a guitar to computer interface, and that didn't really work out.

I'm still dreaming of being able to write sheet music on my computer directly from my guitar. Not to mention be able to play samples, software synths, etc.

• Members

Yeah, I was never impressed with Roland's guitar-to-midi speed, but the musical possibilities of midi became clear to me only after a friend showed me his GR-33. I thought about getting the GI-20, but the lag would piss me off and make me feel like I wasted my money. So I'm stuck waiting for AX 50. Alas...

• Members

Latest from Terratec is that it will be this month - March - for most of the world. Maybe next month for the US because of expected shipping delays - by which I guess they mean US Customs.

• Members

I'm still dreaming of being able to write sheet music on my computer directly from my guitar. Not to mention be able to play samples, software synths, etc.

Have you seen the vids over at Brian Moore Guitar's site (www.iguitar.com)? They show them using an iguitar into a Roland GI-20, into Sibelius and the notes being annotated within Sibelius - real-time. Not to mention the iguitar's can come with a USB jack.

Just a thought.....

• Members

Thanx for the update. Why are manufacturers so squeamish about putting out release dates? Just have to live with it I guess

Because they ahve to take so much sh1t if their target date gets delayed.

Archived