One reason I love Line6

GilmourD

• Members

I'm currently in a gigging band. Last night, we were leaving our rehearsal studio and I was packing up my taller than the clouds '87 Ford Bronco and I put my PODxt Live on top of the truck while I packed up my guitars. Well, being the idiot I am, I never took it off the roof. About 5-6 miles later my other guitarist and I hear this huge thunk against the passenger side window when I realized it was my PODxt Live. I was driving at about 45 miles per hour on a major highway here in New Jersey (route 46). So, I make the next couple U-turns to retrieve it, expecting it to be in a million pieces. It was actually in the shoulder and banged up. Once I got home I found that it functions perfectly. I bent the casing back into some sort of shape and I present it here for you to see.

podxt1.jpg

podxt2.jpg

podxt3.jpg

podxt4.jpg

podxt5.jpg

• Members

I was still just shocked about an hour after I reshaped the case that I did that. Hell, I'm still massively annoyed at myself... I'm just glad that it still works! I have the money to buy a new one, but it's really supposed to be for a new engine for my Mustang. Hell, if I were driving my Mustang, I would've seen it on the roof!

• Members

You should message them and tell them your story and see if they'll use it as an advertising perk and send you a free new one for your troubles
:lol:

Hahahahaha! Funny thing... My brother suggested that, so I actually did that 5 minutes before I posted this thread. :D

• Members

Thats amazing. I too am from NJ and I am amazed that it happened on Rt. 46 and no one else ran it over!

I was going east in the right hand lane and it fell off the roof into the shoulder immediately after Willowbrook Mall. In fact, I had to block the exit so my friend could get out of Death Truck and grab it.

• Members

It kinda blow to {censored} all the hater's comments about Line6 stuff. I like and use lot of their products, Can't say I ever thrown them across the highway though!
:D

Aren't most of the anti-Line6 comments directed towards how they sound? I can't see its near destruction making it sound better, except in the sarcastic usage of "better".

• Members

Aren't most of the anti-Line6 comments directed towards how they sound? I can't see its near destruction making it sound better, except in the sarcastic usage of "better".

There has been a lot of crap here about how there stuff is made. As far as the sound, well that's subjective, but a lot of pro's who do a lot of sessions swear by them. Steve Lukather and Steve Morse both say they use their POD's a lot.

Archived