New Guitar Day! VG Strat.

nick803

• Members

Let me say first and foremost that I was born a Strat guy and will die a Strat guy. Since buying my first Strat, I've always had at least one, and always will. I have 3 right now.

But I've also become a Variax guy - I have 2 of them that I gig with. When you compare the price of the VG Strat to a Variax, and compare the features, I think the Variax offers way more bang for the buck (in fairness you have to compare a Variax 600 or 700 - not the low-end 300).

The higher end Variax guitars are very nice instruments, well crafted, like the VG Strat is I'm sure. But here's what the Variax gives you that the VG Strat cannot, and for a lot less money:

1) More guitar models - Gibsons, Gretschs, Fenders, Danelectros, Resonators, Banjos, Sitars, acoustics...plus the added bonus of being able to make your own from scratch and store them onboard.

2) More alt tunings - I think from what I've read the VG Strat comes with some preset alt tunings, but with the Variax, you can make your own - anything you want across a two octave range.

Congrats on the new guitar though, I'd be interested to know how it sounds after you've had some time with it.

~Blackbelt

• Members

Very nice! Congrats. I wish they had gone the extra mile and included the 13 pin out ...WTF were they thinking? Marrying a VG8 (or 88 or 99) with that would create a very versatile monster! It's even got the hex pickup!

Anywaay play and post clips !

• Members

Let me say first and foremost that I was born a Strat guy and will die a Strat guy. Since buying my first Strat, I've always had at least one, and always will. I have 3 right now.

But I've also become a Variax guy - I have 2 of them that I gig with. When you compare the price of the VG Strat to a Variax, and compare the features, I think the Variax offers way more bang for the buck (in fairness you have to compare a Variax 600 or 700 - not the low-end 300).

The higher end Variax guitars are very nice instruments, well crafted, like the VG Strat is I'm sure. But here's what the Variax gives you that the VG Strat cannot, and for a lot less money:

1) More guitar models - Gibsons, Gretschs, Fenders, Danelectros, Resonators, Banjos, Sitars, acoustics...plus the added bonus of being able to make your own from scratch and store them onboard.

2) More alt tunings - I think from what I've read the VG Strat comes with some preset alt tunings, but with the Variax, you can make your own - anything you want across a two octave range.

Congrats on the new guitar though, I'd be interested to know how it sounds after you've had some time with it.

~Blackbelt

I agree. I have one Variax 600.

Archived