• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day! VG Strat.

I'm the first on my block!!

Originally posted by Mr.Mow
    the G string goes 'pwwwwiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg'

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally. -W.C.Fields
    The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization. - Sigmund Freud
    HCGB #285

clips man, we need clips!
    MY GUITARS

Comment

I think you are the only one on THIS whole block!

HNGD
      DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

I'm the first on my block!!

Wow...that is one versitile ax...modeling, alternate tunings...cool!
        "Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto."
        -Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

nice guitar, how do the alt tunings sound?
          Gear:

Deluxe Voodoo modded dual recto
          mesa standard straight 4x12
          Marshall 1960 classic
          gibson les paul custom(surreal td's)
          57 av ri strat (SD lil59, suhr v60's)
          Robertson acoustic

Comment

wow,Fender finally responds to the Variax! Post clips of this thing!

Happy NGD!
            Mandatory Gear List:
            Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
            /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
            /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
            Band Site:
            http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

I gotta hear this thing. Looks awesome man.
              Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate

RUDE is exactly what we're going for. I'm talking "get her high on acid and tell her that her mom died" type of rude.

€piphone €mpire

-I mean, you're talking electric guitar. What have you got? You got a guitar, you've got your own ****************************, and you've got an amplifier. Somehow these three things have to come to be where you want 'em all to be at once. -Keef

Comment

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elderly only has them as special order!!! I'm gonna ask em WTF that's about next time I go in there!!
                Sexuality has a direction and a magnitude. My direction is "straight" and my magnitude is zero.
                Terry D.

Originally Posted by Mr.Strat

screams are gayer than a gay 69. if you are gonna sing, please do it right!

Comment

Well I have to say this VG strat looks much, much better than Variax but I still think I would pass and buy something else for that kind of money.

anyway HNGD !!

My gear
                  The sound is not coming from your axe or amp,... it's actually you and your personality.

Comment

member: MAZI BEE MILITIA

Originally Posted by guitarkid
                    is this serious or him being an ****************************?

Originally Posted by Alchemist
                    go easy on him, he might just bust out his move
                    I'm assuming thats when he goes into the fetal position, sticks his thumb up his ass, and cries until you leave him alone

Originally Posted by Rhone
                    A lot of time and effort has gone in to 'updating' this site just so that one dude can upload his Nam video from his motel room

Comment

Let me say first and foremost that I was born a Strat guy and will die a Strat guy. Since buying my first Strat, I've always had at least one, and always will. I have 3 right now.

But I've also become a Variax guy - I have 2 of them that I gig with. When you compare the price of the VG Strat to a Variax, and compare the features, I think the Variax offers way more bang for the buck (in fairness you have to compare a Variax 600 or 700 - not the low-end 300).

The higher end Variax guitars are very nice instruments, well crafted, like the VG Strat is I'm sure. But here's what the Variax gives you that the VG Strat cannot, and for a lot less money:

1) More guitar models - Gibsons, Gretschs, Fenders, Danelectros, Resonators, Banjos, Sitars, acoustics...plus the added bonus of being able to make your own from scratch and store them onboard.

2) More alt tunings - I think from what I've read the VG Strat comes with some preset alt tunings, but with the Variax, you can make your own - anything you want across a two octave range.

Congrats on the new guitar though, I'd be interested to know how it sounds after you've had some time with it.

~Blackbelt

Comment

surfpick.com
                        The Missing Link In Your Musical Evolution

Comment

Awesome! Man I would love to hear that thing in action
                          Good Trades/Deals

ReverbNation - Honest Thieves
                          FaceBook - Honest Thieves

Music
                          Jars of Clay - MuteMath - Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpkins - Led Zeppelin - Iron & Wine (to relax by)

Comment

I'm jealous. I know the variax does more, but that strat is stunning. Please let us know how it sounds!
                            FREE DCinDC!!!

Originally posted by geek_usa

That's damn near sig worthy

but seriously, don't you think just maybe, possibly, quite interestingly enough, it could be YOU?

My gear:
                            2008 Fender American standard strat
                            Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
                            Fender Deluxe Players Strat - FOR SALE
                            SX SST62 - FOR SALE
                            Custom made Tele
                            Fender Super Champ XD - Amazing amp
                            Vox AC4TV - Love it
                            Breedlove AD25/SR Plus
                            Squier Classic vibe 50's Tele AND strat!! (strat is FOR SALE)

Comment

Ra_, I'm about to call monroe county sheriff to confiscate your weed, man.

Comment

Working...
                              X