X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best stay-in-tune guitar

hey

Is there a guitar/s which stand out as stay-in-tuners?

Which is top of the list?

thanks

Each is different, but my PRS with a wraparound, graphite nut and locking tuners stays in tune until the strings need changing.
    Good NewsSPAMPpP

Comment

Steinbergers. Back in the late '80s a friend of mine ordered a Steinberger L bass and it came out of the box in perfect tune, I **************** you not.
      You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
      Frank Zappa

Comment

Anything without a trem.

The most important thing so far as staying in tune is to have a well cut nut and proper stringing technique. You can make a very cheap guitar stay in tune perfectly if you do this.
        ___

Comment

Anything without a trem.

The most important thing so far as staying in tune is to have a well cut nut and proper stringing technique. You can make a very cheap guitar stay in tune perfectly if you do this.

bingo
          I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Anything without a trem.

A friend of mine complained that he couldn't get any of his guitars to stay in tune. I had a look and he had the strings wound around the pegs about seven or eight times. I showed him how to use a bare minimum of windings and a week later he bought me a case of weissbier. The Wilkinson EZLok tuners are great in this respect. On my XV-850 the sixth string literally goes just 3/4 of the way around the peg.
            You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
            Frank Zappa

Comment

A friend of mine complained that he couldn't get any of his guitars to stay in tune. I had a look and he had the strings wound around the pegs about seven or eight times. I showed him how to use a bare minimum of windings and a week later he bought me a case of weissbier. The Wilkinson EZLok tuners are great in this respect. On my XV-850 the sixth string literally goes just 3/4 of the way around the peg.

interesting.....

Do you have a link to an explanation of this tuning method?

Cant promise you a case though.

Comment

Keeping your axe in tune.

Comment

Stock out of the box, Fenders. My tele and strat are rock solid, but I've got 5 springs and no tremelo on the strat.
                  "I don't see how the fat lady with the dog fits in." Stonedtone

"I usually know whats going to come out well. Im usually right." Davo17

"Don't make me spell bitch on your ass with a backwards B." moonlight

"He believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity, you do not slam it shut behind you. You reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Comment

Anything without a trem.

I disagree, in fact I think that anything that HAS a trem (or Floyd Rose anyway) will stay in tune much better than something without one. I can't remember the last time I had to tune my Wolfgang.
                    Originally Posted by jimwratt
                    what color is the rest of you?? I looked down one time and was like "holy crap my fingers are black", but then I looked at the rest of myself and I was like "o yea, I'm Black"

Originally Posted by guitarmandp
                    I can nail the tone of an old 1959 les paul perfectly with this warlock and then I can the sound of a 50's strat by hitting the coil tap, so I get two guitars for the price of a fraction of a vintage axe

Comment

I disagree, in fact I think that anything that HAS a trem (or Floyd Rose anyway) will stay in tune much better than something without one. I can't remember the last time I had to tune my Wolfgang.

Does your wolfgang lock? a non locking trem when used puts a guitar out of tune, it's a fact.

Comment

Does your wolfgang lock? a non locking trem when used puts a guitar out of tune, it's a fact.
                        False:
                        Good NewsSPAMPpP

Comment

Double Locking trems stay in tune for months if necessary (not recommended )

My ESP Viper with fancy nut is what I would call my 'best tuner' cuz getting it strung and in tune is a simple and enjoyable process.
                          I love to find great deals. Best Gear Deal So Far: USA Lonestar Strat for $275. I also found a Beautiful Blue USA Guitar for $230 shipped.

What kind of gear are you looking for? PM me and I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Excellent Transactions with: Pagenine, weatherboy

Comment

Keeping your axe in tune.

i've never really had a big issue with tuning, i think most of the "cheap" tuners coming on import guitars these days are just fine - you see more and more coming with very decent grovers stock...
                            i suppose the kluson-styles on older epiphones are ****************.

anyway thanks for the link - i've never learnt it this way - will do from now on!

and to the original poster - do you actually have a tuning issue you wish to resolve?

Comment

The most tuning stability I've experienced, came from an Ibanez with a double locking tremolo, which was completely blocked. There was no movement at the bridge or nut (locking), so once the strings were stretched, they would stay in tune for weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X