No announcement yet.

DIRT CHEAP SAMICK Malibu

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIRT CHEAP SAMICK Malibu

E-Bay auction # is 290111749930, the auction ends in 3-4 hours. Its a BIN Floor Demo SAMICK [Greg Bennett-serie's] Malibu. They are basically Stratocaster's. I have a TELECASTER model which is a HELL of a electric! Solid wood body, my Tele is Quilt Maple Top with a 2-piece Alder back. The GROVERS on this SAMICK are worth $40 bucks! The BIN is $79.OO. I don't know what the shipping is......for $40. you can ship anywhere in the lower 48? Seems like a decent Strat of little bucks. I'm not crazy about the 3 on 3 tilt back headstock on a Strat? But what the HELL. I have the same neck on my Tele. The fret-work, action, and neck itself is in great shape and very very playable Definatly above the MIM Standard Strat neck. Gloss Poly playing surface with a Satin finish on back of the neck. Pretty well thught out and built Samick. MUCH better than the older late 90's $100. dollar Samicks. BTW its not mine. I was checking the price's and thinking about SELLING MY Telecaster. Thats how I ran across this. If I knew body would take a FENDER neck? I would buy it just for the Body and Grover's!
    Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

DAMNIT!!!!

Sold... to me.....

I like the Malibu Series..... and hell -- you always need a Canary Yellow guitar donchya?!?!?!?
    “Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

Comment

Serious? I'll tell you I dig my Tele. SMART move Bro. If I didn't buy TWO electrics Yesterday.........I would have bought it.

Comment

Yeah -- serious.... I actually like the looks of it too -- The p/g, the offset dots, it's looks cool.

And like you said -- for $115 shipped.... you can't go wrong...
        “Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

Comment

You know Bro...Like I said, I kinda like the Stock Tele and Strat necks. But THAT neck is a GOOD neck. If they are consistant you are gonna dig the neck. The CLEAR finish on the Fretboard reminds me of the older MIA American Standard Maple necks. Whats really cool is the rest is... Satin which makes it a Breeze to play. No sticky bull#@#t. I though a dozen times about making my Tele look like Fender Tele, and I have a Squier 51 neck for a project. But I just can't see removing the Samick neck. Its to GOOD with ZERO issues? Let me know how it is when it arrives. I'm HAPPY YOU GOT IT!

Comment

Congrats on your find!

I know exactly where you're coming from - I picked up a nice black lefty Malibu last month (EBay #220094150157) for $47 and change WITH a Peavey softside case - shipping was $20!

Love the neck on this thing! Typical Strat body - feels smaller than standard issue Fender, but its close overall length (think the headstock makes it seem smaller, but hell, I even like that!)

These guitars are a steal - dunno why they go for so little - beats the hell out of the SX Strat I bought my grandson for half the money!

DAMNIT!!!!

Sold... to me.....

I like the Malibu Series..... and hell -- you always need a Canary Yellow guitar donchya?!?!?!?
            PROUD member of the SG army in rock 'n roll alliance with the Mazi Bee militia

Good deals with sartana, frankiej, maltomario, K-bizzle, kingsransom, DFB, fxloop, hivedestruction- and others I've forgotten!! Sorry!

Comment

I like the speed with which you guys move! Congrats!
              DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Here's a shot of my Tele. You remember it?

Comment

I like showing up to my gigs with all different guits... it's pretty funny -- the people who come to see us regularly get a kick out of it now. And for the cost of one gig... hell -- this is exactly why I play..... so I can afford stupid things like this!

Comment

BTW It doesn't have the FUNKY Dice Knob anymore...Regular Tip now. I hear you............**************** you see me looking out for the less expensive models. I'm not gonna say CHEAP. Cause basically the SAMICK is NOT a cheap guitar. Back in the late 90's they were cheap with Plywood bodies and messed up fret-work. But NOW?.........Hell of a Electric for $100? No-Brainer! BTW I'm uploading photo's....what to show you guys yesterdays score. Ibanez and Michael Kelly! To come SOON.

Comment

Youre looks more liek a traditional Tele than mine looks like a traditional strat. My brother has one.. not a strat but a strat like body (almost like a PRS??) It felt nice when I played it -- I hope that this one is a nice as you guys say (and I remember)

Here's a shot of my Tele. You remember it?

Comment

My local shop had one of those Malibu strats, cream colored, I was real close to buying it, but managed to keep from doing it. Except for the quilting, I like that tele too, if I see one of those, I probably won't be able to hold back.
                        Not music, but as a pet lover, I really like what this Old Country Vet has to say;
                        http://www.oldcountryvet.com/

Comment

I didn't have time to blink!!

Great price on an excellent guitar!!
                          Campbell UK-1
                          http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
                          https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

I had a very early Malibu with the maple fretboard. Played well and sounded like a Strat and the neck was great. It was a 5-piece alder body and must have been a thin finish, since it (like my Eric Johnson) was showing the sink lines between the body pieces. The pickguard was doing the typical 1-piece warp like a Jimmy Vaughn Strat. It had a satin Wilkenson 2-pt trem, Grovers and all.

It was my first Strat-oid and it is a 7/8th sized Strat clone. I now have a Samick Royale 3 (RL-3) and it is a great playing guitar too. I love it but with a mostly Mahogany body and neck (laminated maple top) it really replicates my Heritage H150 and 89 LP. It is a semi-hollow, but really sounds like an solid body LP. Just too many dual humbucker guitars (especially those with mahogany bodies) in my home at this time

Mine came with Gibson 57 Classics and will soon be up for sale. It like recent Gibson 335s sounds more like an LP than a semi-hollow. Who ever gets it will get a great guitar. The 89 LP is going away too.

By the way I like the look of the Formula shown above. Another great Samick via Gregg Bennett. I have heard that the Humbucker is wound very hot. How does it work with the Lipsticks?

gt5litre
                            HCGB #115

"With every mistake we must surely be learning..."
                            George Harrison

Comment

I didn't have time to blink!!

Great price on an excellent guitar!!

Nuthin' is safe with you around.... can't hesitate ....

Comment

Working...
                              X