Grease on joints of Edge Pro?

Ibanezman06

• Members

First off, I took a break from HC for about a month and I'm back now. Missed you guys. How y'all doin'? By the way, i found the cure for gas, learn new {censored}, compose, record, jam, practice! All this makes you forget about buying other gear! at least for me.

Alright, I know I stretched my strings out right so it ain't that.

On my RG1570, everything is ok when i divebomb but as soon as i pull up, everything goes sharp and then when i dive back down, or bend a string 1 1/2 steps, it goes back to normal.

if you think about this (maybe read my above paragraph twice over) that means that when i pull up on the bridge, it does not go back to point 0. it stays a little up. this never used to happen. Am i supposed to lub the joints up with oil?

if so, where and how should i do this?

thank you very much.:wave:

• Members

many licensed Floyds do this...thats why you should always dive it down, then fine tune it, and always dive after pulling up to get back to "neutral". ibanezrules.com has a section on this. my OFR doesnt do this, but my Jackson trems (JT580 and 580LP) do slightly.

careful setup will help this, but if you really want to get nit picky, you may have to reshape the knife edges of the trem, check and see if you need new posts, and if all that is fine...CHAPSTICK!

yes...Chapstick. hey, if it works for Joe Satriani...:)

• Members

thanks for the info fellas. i think the oil thing should work. it's in my manual too, i just couldn't find it before. i hope it's not too worn as i didn't put oil in it since i got it almost a year ago. you think there's damage? is it permanent you think?

• Members

i hope it's not too worn as i didn't put oil in it since i got it almost a year ago. you think there's damage? is it permanent you think?

Dude my Hamer USA was made in 1989; I took the Floyd off for the first time just a couple months ago to check things out and the knife edges are still PERFECT. I put the chapstick in there just to lube it up but man those things last forever. You should be fine.

• Members

Dude my Hamer USA was made in 1989; I took the Floyd off for the first time just a couple months ago to check things out and the knife edges are still PERFECT. I put the chapstick in there just to lube it up but man those things last forever. You should be fine.

cool!

Archived