Cort Les Paul

kadrocker

• Members

My first guitar was given to me. It is a Cort Les Paul. I've never seen another one, ever. I happened to look on ebay just now and theres one on there! My guitar has no serial numbers or anything, just like the one in auction.

Just out of curiousity, about how old is this guitar? I'm going to guess late 70's early 80's, but I honestly have no idea at all. Whats the body wood, ect ect. Any info would it appreciated. I've had this guitar for 10 years and know NOTHING about it!

My guitar is identical tot he one in auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-LAWSUIT-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-COPY-BY-CORT-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ130116234677QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THANKS for any help!!

• Members

I bought one that came in my shop back around 1997 or so. It was a copy of a Les-Paul Custom that played and sounded pretty good. Good enough for me to hold it for awhile. Loaded with the Mighty Might CORT pups which are not bad sounding pick-ups. I thought the Corts in General were decent guitars. Who's the fellow that played in the Blues Brothers that has a Cort Signature........Matt Guitar Murphy. I played one of his USED. I liked it also!

• Members

Mine doesn't have a pickguard on it. Hmm, would there be a hold from the screw if it did? Or do Paul pickguards just "clip" on?

Thanks for that picture!

Some people take them off. There should be 2 screw holes, one on top (right side of the neck) and one on the right side of the guitar.

• Members

Some people take them off. There should be 2 screw holes, one on top (right side of the neck) and one on the right side of the guitar.

Aww man. I want to put a cream pickguard on mine but I don't wanna put any holes in the body. I always thought they somehow clipped on lol. Never seen a Paul up close with a pickguard on it before.

Oh well, I think it'll look better with a pickguard on it! I'm gonna do it anyway.

• Members

Aww man. I want to put a cream pickguard on mine but I don't wanna put any holes in the body. I always thought they somehow clipped on lol. Never seen a Paul up close with a pickguard on it before.

Oh well, I think it'll look better with a pickguard on it! I'm gonna do it anyway.

They should be where I marked them on the pic. If not someone may have filled them?

cort_ge20holes.png

• Members

Thats a nice looking Cort.. I have a Cort Lp from about '89, which although more modest (unbound flat top) , is a very good player and has been my main axe until I recently got a Gibson LP Studio. The Cort had some nice touches, including cavity shielding paint and a very nice neck.

John

• Members

ArKay- no holes (or filled areas) in the body from an old pickguard....weird.

JohnH- I love my Cort. Though mine is prettttty beat up. It had seen much better days when my neighbor gave it to me. And me being a teenager at the time, I beat the snot out of it. Then I traded it to someone, who beat it to no end. I ended up getting it back a year ago....Gosh, I wish I never had gotten rid of it in the first place.

I'd really like to take it apart and sand it down and make it look nice again. It certainly has had its ass kicked! I'll get some pictures on here.

New Question- how do you get body binding off and is it hard to put it back on?

Archived