humbucker in a strat??

• Members

i have an american deluxe strat v-neck that i love how it feels and plays and for the most part how it sounds

i am thinking of putting a humbucker in the bridge which would be for insane pinch harmonics and heavy rock

sumthing along the lines of the scorpions or EVH

i would MUCH prefer putting in a single coil size humbucker such as a seymour duncan jb jr or seymour duncan hot rails but i have heard that they dont sound anything like a true 'bucker

what do you think?

o and obviously since i would have to buy a new pickguard the full sized route is more expensive

EDIT: I AM PUTTING IN A FULL SIZE BUCKER

SO FAR I HAVE LOOKED AT

EVO

JB

PAF?>

• Members

None of the above. Buy a second guitar for heavy rock, something with buckers in it. Carving up an American Deluxe - the title of that project should be "How to make a $1000 MIA Strat worth less than $500 overnight."

~Blackbelt

• Members

that one or the fat paf. I have the fat paf in my american deluxe v-neck (btw, you have nice taste in guitars), and it sounds great. I've never thought aboout changing it.

ahh yes they are awesome guitars

what color is urs because if i go the full size bucker route i cant find a hss one of the same color

• Members
None of the above. Buy a second guitar for heavy rock, something with buckers in it. Carving up an American Deluxe - the title of that project should be "How to make a $1000 MIA Strat worth less than $500 overnight."

~Blackbelt

+1 :thu:

• Members

ahh yes they are awesome guitars

what color is urs because if i go the full size bucker route i cant find a hss one of the same color

my guitar is the two tone sunburst (looks like the ej) and the gfs is black. looks cool to me.

• Members

~Blackbelt

I agree....... I'm all for moddin' guitars...but I wouldn't consider routing a $1000+ guitar....

Besides once you get rid of the single coil you'll lose those nice single coil tones man.... I say get another guitar....

• Members

I agree....... I'm all for moddin' guitars...but I wouldn't consider routing a $1000+ guitar....

Besides once you get rid of the single coil you'll lose those nice single coil tones man.... I say get another guitar....

i wont have to route

almost all strats are routed for hsh

o and i got a deal on it for 760 bucks!!

i think im gonna out a seymour duncan jb in the bridge

or the jb jr

or the hot rails

i dont know

• Members

I voted for a full size bucker!! JB in mine. Sounds great for rocking! And it splits nice with the middle SC for a nice clean sound, and on its own its not so pretty clean. Maybe something a little tamer and PAF like, say SD '59 would be better for allround versitility.:)

Archived