Burny Guitars?

solitarycheese

• Members

ok i own an 82 an a 2k6

the 82 is a flawless recreation like a custom shop in fact i played some custom shop gibbys last week and still mine has more mojo (but its 24 yrs old)

the newer ones are ok still mahaogany and a 3/4 "maple cap but i would sell it if it didnt have the sustainer system on it

my 82 was 600 but that was b4 everyone else jumped on the wagon i see them for 12-16 now

as far as the newer ones i got mine for 400

click on myspace link for pics with the pups removed you can see the wood pretty good

best of luck man

• Members

ok i own an 82 an a 2k6

the 82 is a flawless recreation like a custom shop in fact i played some custom shop gibbys last week and still mine has more mojo (but its 24 yrs old)

ill 2nd that. i loved mine ($150 in a wierd out of the way place in southern jp) but i just never played it, so sold it for $500. They turn up for $300-400 sometimes (in JP).

• Moderators

The current Burnys are decent but only in good Epi territory and MIC, don't know much about the 90s ones but the 80s Burnys were reckoned by pro musicians to be the business. the Burny LPs from 87-90 were supposed to be the closest you could get to a 59 LP. However it has to be said that by it's very nature the SG is such a non complex guitar with only one wood species that it's an easy one to get right. In terms of current days SGs the best buy around is the Epi Faded SG, the finish and form is a tad nicer than the Gibson Fadeds

• Members

I hear that modern Burny LPs are in the Epiphone ballpark. Modern ones have the little odd design on the headstock.

80s Burnys are indeed unreal as someone mentioned previously. Mine weighs about 11-12 lbs and it practically plays itself and sustains for days.. One of the finest LPs Ive ever played!! The 80s ones have a diamond type headstock logo.

Here she is: (White one)

EBONYIVORY.jpg

Burn1.jpg

Burn8.jpg

Burn3.jpg

Burn4.jpg

• Members

I own a variety of Les Pauls(5)- ranging from Studio to Custom Shop (Standard, Classics...) I sold one of my 70's customs and after I sold it, I missed it :cry: and Les Pauls have always been my main workhorse- I started looking at Burny because I picked up a Fernandes sustainer (revolver) guitar- I loved the sustainner feature but did care for the guitar itself- but said how cool would it be to have a LP with the sustainer feature that Fernades has- so after doing research I saw that Burny made just that- and the LP model was very comparible- so I bought one on Ebay last year- and when it arrived it literally blew me away- The detail, and workmanship on the guitar is (IMO) just as good if not better than the Gibby's. THe weight is very remniscent of the 70's LP's and the sustainer feature is unbelievable- For me, it is like a guitar with the Floyd Rose- When you know you have it- it is hard NOT to use! you have to be careful of not over using it! but if someone is interested in getting a LP and not paying the extreme prices- Burny is the way to go- I got my Burny for $350- Awesome deal!

• Members

http://picasaweb.google.com/koizguitar/BurnySG

Auction said "80s-90" Burny SG, MIJ

Even if it ends up to just be in Epiphone quality range, I'll be happy. I've been looking for a white SG ever since Music123 had a special run last October of white Gibson SG Standards for $1200, $800 blem price. I've been kicking myself for not getting one then. I've also been looking for a less expensive guitar for my dorm, so I don't have to take my Gibson LP.

• Moderators

http://picasaweb.google.com/koizguitar/BurnySG

Auction said "80s-90" Burny SG, MIJ

Even if it ends up to just be in Epiphone quality range, I'll be happy. I've been looking for a white SG ever since Music123 had a special run last October of white Gibson SG Standards for $1200, $800 blem price. I've been kicking myself for not getting one then. I've also been looking for a less expensive guitar for my dorm, so I don't have to take my Gibson LP.

No...thats an oldie and a goodie...sweeeeeet guitar

• Members

I also noticed that mine has a space (with 2 small screw holes) between the neck pickup and the end of the neck. This was for the Les Paul nameplate, correct? Anyone know where I can pick one of those up?

With the small pick guard and nameplate space, it looks close to the '61 RI model :)

It also looks like it lacks a pickup switch ring, where can I get one of those? (The part that says "Rhythm" and "Treble")

Archived