Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little Rust in the pickups - Does it affect tone?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little Rust in the pickups - Does it affect tone?

Is it that bad? Is there a way to solve this?

It adds mojo
    "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

anyone?

Comment

well, do you sound like ****************?
        good people: luke978, BTBAM x2, TZR, jalfredprufrock, noiseannoys, verence, orange worker x2, DharmaSound, fellsilver, pbone, cdawzrd, schecterc1lh, zygoat, CiceroTJones, Tweedledee, TheKinks, ShizzelDizzel, mrweems, chuckmoose, StopReferencing, archers6, RockDaJoJo, StumbleFingers, TheKrabsman, drasp

Comment

Dunno, but - hey! - maybe that's how Neil got this never-sleeping tone!
          RockNote: Yamaha SA2200 -> Area 51 wah –> Pentavocal -> Dlx Moon Phaser => 2 x Cornford Carrera. Kramer Pacer > Phase 100 > Crybaby > TS9 > Fender Princeton Chorus.

Comment

Like TeleFromHelly said, it's pure mojo-i-zation.

There probably is a physically measurable difference in the magnetic field and strength that's detectable with laboratory instruments but the effect on tone isn't perceptible to human hearing unless the oxidation is very widespread.
            ___

Comment

It adds mojo

+1 - no, it does not affect tone. Rory Gallagher's pickups were covered with rust and he did damn well with them!
              Loud 'n' Proud member of the Mazi Bee Militia - "It don't matter what brand it is, as long as it's playable" - NO ESTEBANS PLEASE!
              Member of the SG ARMY
              Grand Poobah of the Oddball Brigade
              Always looking for Jammers in Jersey! PM me if interested! My styles are classic rock and jam bands.

Comment

Like TeleFromHelly said, it's pure mojo-i-zation.

There probably is a physically measurable difference in the magnetic field and strength that's detectable with laboratory instruments but the effect on tone isn't perceptible to human hearing unless the oxidation is very widespread.

Brilliant perception, my dear Watson - what you said boils down to mojo in it's purest form.
                Loud 'n' Proud member of the Mazi Bee Militia - "It don't matter what brand it is, as long as it's playable" - NO ESTEBANS PLEASE!
                Member of the SG ARMY
                Grand Poobah of the Oddball Brigade
                Always looking for Jammers in Jersey! PM me if interested! My styles are classic rock and jam bands.

Comment

It adds mojo
                  +2
                  I was gonna say, "it IS mojo."
                  Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

GOOD

Comment

i once buffed off a rusty pup with steel wool, I raised the studs and buffed 'em. clean up is a headache but used some sticky masking tape and it worked)
                      Then I Clear nail polished'em and , voila! rust proof. no tone loss and look great.
                      BUY MY MUSIC! :
                      Instrumental Progressive Rock:
                      http://www.myspace.com/dmaneleven
                      Smooth Jazz stuff:
                      www.myspace.com/dmanelevenssmoothjazz
                      Blues project
                      http://www.myspace.com/462212596

Guitar In Avatar: Warmoth Super Strat. Chambered alder w/ Flame maple top. Birds eye maple neck.

Jimi-Clapton-SRV-Gilmour-Lifeson-Summers-Satriani-Holdsworth

Comment

Working...
                      X