GFS Power Rails - shortest review ever.

Funderbunk

• Members

D'you mean these?

yhst-50206111187217_1958_19632971

That's the one. Got the bridge version for a project I'm working on, but when it arrived here yesterday, I decided to drop it into my friends 51 while I was swapping strings and doing a bit of tweaking for him.

It turned it into a freaking beast, and once he got a chance to play with it, there's no way I'll be getting it back - it's in that guitar to stay.

• Members

Indeed they do and jolly good they are at it too:thu:

+1 to that.

I saw those a few days ago. I'm no metal-mutha but they certainly *look* interesting.

BTW those Bill Lawrence PUs with the rail embedded in cream bobbins always make me think of NHS type prosthetic equipment - in a BAD way. I think it's the semi-flesh colour of the bobbin coupled to the slightly dodgy chrome of the rail that does it.

• Members

Sure looks like they do - I just added one to my cart, and the shipping calculator has options for "Export - Air Letter Post" (or "Export - EMS Global Express") which added $9 (or $38) to the pricetag when choosing the UK as the destination.

thanks mate i didnt know that

i'll order that and the floyd trem thingy cos ive got this guitar that im gonna sell at christmas when i get a decent floyded guitar and im gonna get the pup anyways and i need the trem

• Members

I feel mislead. The OP claimed this would be the shortest review ever!

I believe the shortest review ever is this one:

Well, I would have gone with that, but I suspect I would have gotten complaints and subsequent requests for more information, so I tried to keep it as concise as possible.

Besides, HC doesn't have a smiley icon of a dude kicking a donkey or anything... :D

• Members

BTW those Bill Lawrence PUs with the rail embedded in cream bobbins always make me think of NHS type prosthetic equipment - in a BAD way. I think it's the semi-flesh colour of the bobbin coupled to the slightly dodgy chrome of the rail that does it.

ilold.jpg

• Members

Hey ppl, as a happy new owner of a pair of Crunchy Rails, I would also like to add that these are superb pickups and have really brought out the clarity in my Ibanez. I had Powersounds in there before, so you can imagine the difference I experienced. I also commend GuitarFetish on their swift shipping. I ordered last Wed at 9pm and had them on my doorstep on Fri at 11 am!

• Members

The review: It kicks 12 kinds of ass.

The followup: I ordered last week, it arrived yesterday, installed last night, ordered another this morning.

I appreciate the brevity of your review, but you don't specify which 12 kinds of ass the pup kicks.

• Members

Just to calrify-

The Power Rails are NOT X2n clones

The Crunchy is NOT a Lawrence clone-

There's just so much you can do cosmetically with that big rail structure-

I think you'll find the POwer's have a little more high end clarity than X2n's- WAAAAY tighter bottom end and a little more relaxed mids- The crunchies have all the mids dialed back in and a little more clarity as well on the high end.

Archived