X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD-2300 Jr.

http://www.rondomusic.net/ad2300jr.html

Interesting! Comments. Anyone have one?
    "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

"
    If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." Alice Cooper

i gots one
    http://www.projectyellow.ca/ad2300_04.jpg

comments.. um. i like it? i got the slim neck one, feels pretty nice. balance is good, weight it not bad, but its a strange guitar to sit with. haveing found the right way to hold it yet. standing its perfect.
    ---
    1959 is dead
    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...4#post46436574
    ---

Comment

I've got one. VERY nice neck, though it's neck-heavy. (like some SG's)
      I like it. BGmcaw has one, too. He didn't like it as much.
      (This space for rent)

Comment

I've got this early production 1 pickup model

The upside: It looks good.

The downside: It sounds bad. Even a new pickup and total electronics replacement didn't help it. It just sounds dead and lifeless and is about 2 pounds too heavy for a Jr.
        ___

Comment

been GAS-ing for this one

don't know why, but I just really like the body.
          My Favorite CL ad:

Type slower and proofread

Ernest Claptron is pissed

Comment

I think perhaps bgmcaw might have got a bad one, early in the production
            run. Mine has decent sustain, great fretwork, good tuners and the PUPs
            are actually more than decent. YMMV, though.
            (This space for rent)

Comment

I've got one. VERY nice neck, though it's neck-heavy. (like some SG's)
              I like it. BGmcaw has one, too. He didn't like it as much.

I have it in lefty...totally agree...the neck is amazing and I never play it cause its too darn neck heavy...pity...

Comment

I have it in lefty...totally agree...the neck is amazing and I never play it cause its too darn neck heavy...pity...

A good wide strap makes a big difference, try a 3" one.
                I was watching a Brian May "starlicks" tape & the body styles of the two
                guitars are rather similar.
                (This space for rent)

Comment

i dont find mine to be neck heavy. or heavy at all. i guess they can vary alot.
                  ---
                  1959 is dead
                  ---

Comment

Mine has decent sustain, great fretwork, good tuners and the PUPs
                    are actually more than decent.

The tuners and the fret work were good on mine too. I did swap out the tuners with black ones but that was purely a cosmetic change. I also changed out the bridge with a black badass style one from GFS.

The pickup was good too. I put it in my Global SG Jr-ish copy and it sounds great in there.

My only real issue with it is the weight and lack of resonance.
                    ___

Comment

Thought about buying one a while back... If i recall correctly a lot of people said they were very heavy and not very lively guitars. I may be wrong though.

Comment

"If i recall correctly a lot of people said they were very heavy and not very lively guitars. I may be wrong though."

there must be alot of variation, mine isnt heavy, and is quite lively and resonant. i should wieght it one day. my guestimate is about 7.5 lbs
                        ---
                        1959 is dead
                        ---

Comment

been GAS-ing for this one

don't know why, but I just really like the body.

I like the white one, too.
                          '99 Parker Fly Classic'06 Gibson ES335 Dot'01 Fender MIM Std Strat (w/ Lollars)'03 Gretsch 6118-120T'91 Fender Deluxe Strat Plus'90 Fender Custom Shop Setneck Tele'07 Xaviere XV-600'10 Dreamcaster'92 Gibson J150Fender Evil TwinFender Pro Jr.and a bunch o' other crap...

Comment

At least yours in non-ugly. The newer ones just look off.
                            I puked last night after eating a volcano taco and drinking vodka. I felt like a ****************ing dragon.

Comment

Working...
                            X