Parker PM-10 Guitar

guitarcapo

• Members

Anyone tried one of these or own one? They look pretty nice. Is the guitar neck-through or set neck? Is the body one piece mahogany? Looks like a great guitar fro the price but not many reviews on the HC review page.

I just bought some Fralin Unbuckers that are supposed to be great coil-tapped and I'm looking to score this guitar.

• Members

I used to own a PM-20, when they first came out. Essentially the same guitar.

Great player, pickups on it are little Duncan JB/Jazz copies which sound decent but nothing great. The Fralins would definitely do the guitar some good.

I changed the tuners out on mine to Sperzels, and modified it with an additional volume knob. Decent axe for the money, wish it came with a case instead of a gigbag though. The neck is set, though theres no heel on it.. and the body itself looked to me like one-piece with a maple cap, albeit a thin one with a veneer (PM-20 had a flamed maple top)

Pick one up! MIK quality on the cheap.

Here's what mine looked like the day I got it.

parker.jpg

• Members

They are set necked guitars....I had the PM20....I also agree that the pickups were "meh" The Neck PU was ok, but I couldn't stand the bridge. It was a great guitar, but I ended up selling it (to fund a Orange AD30HTC). I miss it, but I didn't like the bubinga top. Too fancy for my tastes.......:rolleyes: Sadly I now have major GAS for an LP style guitar or a MIA Parker.......:love:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Great playing guitars.

The local Sam Ash by me recently started stocking new Parkers and I played the PM10 and 20. Really sweet guitars. There was one listed on Cragislist Chicago recently for $180... I really should have snagged it.

I saw that one on CL, too - the guy never emailed me back :mad:

Archived