NGD!! El D

meyhna'ch

• Members

I was watching this guy on craigslist trying to sell this guitar. Started at 120$, then 100, then 80, 60, 50, and when he hit 40$, I called him up. Now, this will mostly be used as base for modding. Neck is straight, the guitar's a bit on the heavy side. The pickups work, but since there is no nut, i didn't have a chance to play it to see how it sounds. Please excuse the lack of photographic skills.

DSC07311.jpg

DSC07312.jpg

The insides are dirty!

DSC07313.jpg

ATTN : People with history of heart attacks, pregnant women and people who get scared easily, look away!!

Beware....

The TUNERS FROM HELL!!

DSC07315.jpg

Any suggestions on mods? I already have a set of GFS locking tuners, and I'm thinking of having a weird pickup combo, something like single coil at the bridge, p-90 in the neck. What kind of nut should I get?

• Members

Excellent score I would say on a Japanese classic. Those were made in the same factory as the old Univox I've been told. Personally, I would just string it up (order a precut nut off Ebay Parts and Accessories) and see how it sounds as is. I had an ElDegas Tele once that sounded very, very nice (much better than the cheapy contemporary Squire/Fenders) with very low action. But the strings came in very low to the body and I hated the feel, so I unloaded it. One contributer used to hoard those things.

Keep us posted!!!

• Members

new tuners, new pots, new nut.

at least give the pickups a try before you junk 'em.

i'd probably strip all the paint off of the neck too, but mask off the front of the head stock. that finish looks alllll kinds of sticky.

Well the neck isn't sticky at all. I just don't dig the red. I hope to find some nice wood underneath! I'll probably find some ugly stuff though haha

Oh, and the bridge isn't crooked. It's just that I took off the pickguard and it was hanging.

Archived