Ibanez S470 vs. Jackson DK2 Dinky

shoremac

• Members

I too would go with the S470. The ZR bridge is really smooth and a step forward in the evolution of the tremolo. In the comparison to the Jackson I think Ibanez's RG line is a more similar guitar and would give you the 24 frets. I have an RG as well and though the S470 has a much thinner body they both feel similar when I am playing them. The S470 has a mahogany body and my RG has a basswood body.

My S470

Ibanez_S470QXDM.jpg

and my RG760

Ibanez_RG760.jpg

• Members

Thanks for your replies. I've decided that I'm going to get the Jackson. I like the body better on the Jackson, the Seymour Duncan pickups, 24 frets, and the cool Sharkfin inlays. I'll be sure to post pictures once I get it. :)

• Members

Dude, not cool at all. You totally should have gotten the Ibanez. WAY more versatility than the Jackson, and just all around way better. Herman Li uses an S470 and he sounds awesome, and he says that the guitar always stays in tune no matter how freaky he gets with the whammy bar.

If they made those things left handed, I'd buy one and let it be my only axe.

• Members

the ibanez has that zero resistance trem. If you head over to jemsite you will see like a dozen threads about how much the edge pro 2 edge 3 and zero resistance trem could be improved...none of that on the jackson forums ..........

so while i agree the ibanez is cool...i think you made the correct choice

• Members

24 frets, and the cool Sharkfin inlays.

If you were on a fence between an Ibanez and the Jackson, like I said in the earlier post... the RG series is a more direct comparison, it has 24 frets and shark's tooth inlays. Of course I'm a big Ibanez fan. After owning many of them and playing them for 17 years they haven't disappointed me. But buy what you like or you won't be happy.

• Members

the ibanez has that zero resistance trem. If you head over to jemsite you will see like a dozen threads about how much the edge pro 2 edge 3 and zero resistance trem could be improved...none of that on the jackson forums ..........

so while i agree the ibanez is cool...i think you made the correct choice

That could just mean the people on jemsite are more anal.

• Members

the ibanez has that zero resistance trem. If you head over to jemsite you will see like a dozen threads about how much the edge pro 2 edge 3 and zero resistance trem could be improved...none of that on the jackson forums

That's because the people at Jemsite are actually concerned with quality, and aren't blind fanboys like the Jackson forum.

Oh, and we all know that the Floyd Rose couldn't be improved upon AT ALL...:rolleyes:

Archived