• Members

musiciansfriend.com 'stupid deal of the day' is pretty decent today 10/10

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Squier Affinity Fat Strat (H/S/S)

(silver body and headstock)

Rosewood fingerboard

$99 clams (free ship)

normally $150

anyone who wants to buy a guitar for a relative or kid, wants a backup/travel guitar, or a guitar to do some practice luthier work, or mod it into something special, this is a good deal.

maybe ill buy it, and refinish the headstock, and the body to daphne blue. throw in a callaham tremolo, custom shop 69 pickups, some kluson vintage tuners, and a bone nut.

• Members

musiciansfriend.com 'stupid deal of the day' is pretty decent today 10/10

squier affinity stratocaster

silver body and headstock

rosewood fingerboard

$99 clams (free ship)

normally $150

anyone who wants to buy a guitar for a relative or kid, wants a backup/travel guitar, or a guitar to do some practice luthier work, or mod it into something special, this is a good deal.

maybe ill buy it, and refinish the headstock, and the body to daphne blue. throw in a callaham tremolo, custom shop 69 pickups, some kluson vintage tuners, and a bone nut.

Great DEAl! Im buyin one! A hundred bucks is a dinner for two at a moderately priced restaurant with a couple of drinks and a tip. 18 hours later it is brown and swirling!

• Members

I was thinking for the ONE bill the neck would be worth it. Do the Affinitys still have the Large headstock?

Hell go over the fret end and frets, polish them up and you have a decent neck for small bucks.

Yah, it's got the friggen huge headstock.

Enormous, worst part of the guitar imo.

• Members

an affinity strat here costs US$250 how {censored}ed up is that

Are you serious? That's nuts man. I laugh at guys on craigslist trying to sell them for 60-80 bucks.

I'm with Marko on this "1/2 - regular price is where I start getting interested.".

I'm waiting for Schecter to drop the price on the C-1 Classic. I want that.

• Members

I know, I haven't messed with them in awhile. Last item arrived {censored}ed. A Toranado that was wired backwards and had two wire's disconnected. MF wanted to knock off 10%, Thats what they ALWAYs want to do. So I said, Look I need a case. LOng story short, They shipped me a Black Tolex HSC for Free. I rewired the guitar. Wish I still had the neck from it. the case was on sale for $29.00 bucks which turned out to be 20%.

But you shouldn't be working on new guitars like that. Especially when they are a first and Not a Scratch and Dent item.

• Members

You're better off.

MF sucks and doesn't deserve your money.

Ya know what the bastards did to me this last time?

Sure, I shouldn't even go there, but they had a couple items no one else did.

Last Thursday, early early in the morning I ordered a gigbag, a cheapo SG case, planet wave cables, etc. it's over $200.

So they had their deal going so I'm supposed to get $20 instant rebate.

But, they don't ship Thursday :mad:

I call them Friday morning and say "What's up??"

Guy says "It's going out today" :D

Come home Friday - No shipping notice.

But!!!!! MF did send me an e-mail saying they gave me too much of a discount due to some error. They don't explain the reason, they don't tell me what it should be, they are just saying "expect your charge to be greater than you authorized F'head" :mad::mad:

This morning I finally got a e-mail it shipped.

I guess I should be happy that they only back charged me above what I authorized and took 5 days to ship out in stock items. The last time they P.O.'d me was when I canceled an order for "in stock and ready to ship" items that they never shipped after 45 days.

But unfortunately, they still have some exclusive offers that keep draggin me back. :freak:

Oh, and two of the items I'd ordered were for a birthday present to my stepson. Now they'll have to be Christmas presents.

Archived