Anyone ever hear of a guitar manufacturer called "Burnside", model "The Lance"???

insurrection

• Members

I've got one of these and would like to know more information about it. It says it's made by Guild. Where were these made? How much are they worth? What kind of pickups are in there?

Please help!
:confused:

I believe Burnside was kind of like what Epiphone is to Gibson. A "budget" guitar line so to speak. Not sure where they were made. My guess would be MIJ as I believe they were made in the 80's.

The Lance is an an off-set V type isnt it? Got any pics?

• Members

I believe Burnside was kind of like what Epiphone is to Gibson. A "budget" guitar line so to speak. Not sure where they were made. My guess would be MIJ as I believe they were made in the 80's.

The Lance is an an off-set V type isnt it? Got any pics?

I don't have any pictures handy but it's pretty identicle in shape to my jackson RR1

Any ideas on rough value?

• Members

Martin and Guild used to sell crappy Samick electric guitars? That's interesting.

From the few websites I just looked at, I'd say your guitar could be sold for up to $200.

That sounds reasonable enough though you never know what some "vintage" gear will go for when you throw it up on Flea-Bay. Could fetch more.

• Members

Burnside was a line of guitars made by the old Westheimer factory in Korea- This was the early days of Korean manufacture and they were just awful- really poor, poor instruments. I worked for Guild at the time so I saw firsthand the quality as we unloaded containers.

Obviously any of those guitars cleaned up and setup by a pro should be a player- but the hardware was awful- the wood was really "soft"- we used to have a lot of dented finishes- pickups dreadful, electronics awful, finish quality pitiful- you get the picture.

Jay

Archived