So why are ESP guitars so hard to find in the states?

Holy War

• Members

I dont mean ltd or edwards or anything, but the actual parent company ESP. I just bough a M-II and I just love this guitar. I would like to get an eclipse in white or black but it seems the only place you can find one on the market is on ebay. You would think that with the popularity of these guitars ESP would be puting out more product. Is it a shipping issue or what? Just curious thats all. Plus if anyone has an eclipse theyre trying to get rid of...let me know:thu:

• Members

A real ESP eclipse is the only Les Paul alternative I kinda like, it has enough of it's own personality. You used to be able to get them at Mars Music, which was like GC junior, but they went out of business. Check the ESP website for a list of U.S. dealers; they may not have many ESP's in stock, but they could probably order you anything you are willing to buy sight unseen

• Members

A real ESP eclipse is the only Les Paul alternative I kinda like, it has enough of it's own personality. You used to be able to get them at Mars Music, which was like GC junior, but they went out of business. Check the ESP website for a list of U.S. dealers; they may not have many ESP's in stock, but they could probably order you anything you are willing to buy sight unseen

ya I have a dealer near me but they only carry a limited few for so often. I just happened to walk in on Saturday when they had the M-II there. They told me they had had it for only 4 days before I bought it. And that is usually the case, they just fly off the walls. So come on ESP, help a brother out and ship us your guitars!!!! Or at least make them more available online or something

• Members

I agree, ESP (non LTD) are fantastic guitars. There are some models available overseas too that I wish they'd make available here (Reindeer).

ya like their rendition of an explorer. I see em on ebay but theres no way in hell im gonna fork over $2000+ for an explorer. They're awesome guitars and a well known company, I think they are missing out on a huge market

• Members

Gibson is probably standing in the way of ESP doing a major distribution deal with companies like GC, I've seen it before in the UK the bigger stores get shafted by Gibson if they stock certain other brands. Ibanez have had issues for years with Sound Control (UK version of GC), and ESP are nowhere to be seen.

The best bet is a good quality independent dealer, it also depends where you live, I dare say you can get ESPs fairly easily in LA and NY city.

• Members

Gibson is probably standing in the way of ESP doing a major distribution deal with companies like GC, I've seen it before in the UK the bigger stores get shafted by Gibson if they stock certain other brands. Ibanez have had issues for years with Sound Control (UK version of GC), and ESP are nowhere to be seen.

The best bet is a good quality independent dealer, it also depends where you live, I dare say you can get ESPs fairly easily in LA and NY city.

Stupid Gibson . . . so much to dislike, if only they didn't make my favorite guitar:mad: well at least I will be able to get more than the $900 I paid for my LP classic when I decide to sell it (thanks to their monopoly)

• Members

samash...is it just on online store, or does it have some sort of physical store somewhere in amerca?

i'm canadian...so dont know much of it

They have actual stores. I'm not a big fan of theirs to be honest. There is one in North Jersey I go to, it's near my relatives house I go to for the holidays and {censored}. The relatives drive me nuts, so I just go there and bull{censored} for a couple of hours at a time. It's somewhere near Edison or Brunswick, not too sure(I haven't been there in about 2-3 years).

Huge selection of stuff though. Good holiday sales(atleast on drum stuff I've bought), but the staff isn't exactly knowledgeable.

• Members

I don't know, I love ESPs, I'm in the states and my local guitar store has a ton of them. They do sell a lot more LTDs here than ESPs I guess, but thats to be expected because the price difference is so large. My KH-2 is the best guitar I've ever played, for me anyway. The neck feels so comfortable, I love how it looks, and the sound is unmistakeable.

• Members

They have actual stores. I'm not a big fan of theirs to be honest. There is one in North Jersey I go to, it's near my relatives house I go to for the holidays and {censored}. The relatives drive me nuts, so I just go there and bull{censored} for a couple of hours at a time. It's somewhere near Edison or Brunswick, not too sure(I haven't been there in about 2-3 years).

Huge selection of stuff though. Good holiday sales(atleast on drum stuff I've bought), but the staff isn't exactly knowledgeable.

yeah, i got a cousin in new jersey that talks about it all the time. but i havnt been to new jersey in 7 years.

i went to merryland(or is is marryland?) over the weekend. and thats the time that i got a call from my guitar tech saying he kinda {censored}ed up, and cant find a guitar part of the thing he {censored}ed up...

so i went onto a few guitar sites like samash, gc, and a few others. really wanted to go to samash, but they didnt have any stores listed on their site. gc looked promising, but extremly far! and few other stores looked too ridiculous. so i ended up going to some store called 'bills music' and was impressed by what they have in store. but was really disappointed by their workers. i'm no guitar guru, and at times i was teaching em.

and no...didnt find that part i was looking for either...sucks!

• Members

ya there is a store near me that carries them, just not a lot and not at any given one time. You cant just walk in and expect them to have ESPs like they would with stratocasters. If anyones got an eclipse for sale though let me know. I saw one in the SPAM thread but its in the UK.

Archived