Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why are ESP guitars so hard to find in the states?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why are ESP guitars so hard to find in the states?

I dont mean ltd or edwards or anything, but the actual parent company ESP. I just bough a M-II and I just love this guitar. I would like to get an eclipse in white or black but it seems the only place you can find one on the market is on ebay. You would think that with the popularity of these guitars ESP would be puting out more product. Is it a shipping issue or what? Just curious thats all. Plus if anyone has an eclipse theyre trying to get rid of...let me know
    Originally Posted by exafro

I can alternate pick like a mofo, and it has nothing to do with practice.

Originally Posted by carlstretch

My kids are older now and have all shot hundreds of rounds thru my shotguns and handguns. They know how to use them and I'm not worried about them playing cowboys and indians with them.

Originally Posted by redeye5

you know whats classy as ****************? ****************ing your wife in the ass and telling the internet beforehand!

I wonder the same thing. It's not the shipping, Ibanez etc don't have any problems... I love my ESPs.
    Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

I dunno, one of my local shops has them from time to time.
      Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
      Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
      Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
      ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

I want to try an ESP after trying the Ltd. Series. Those were some pretty damn well built guitars for a budget line, I imagine the parent line would be some fine ass instruments.
        Good Transactions: Faugernauts, dcindc x 2, tomh777, stratosaurus, Got Metal, Mazi Bee, Bro Blue, youngpedals, Lonely Raven, Juggernaut and tdepaul1313

Comment

A real ESP eclipse is the only Les Paul alternative I kinda like, it has enough of it's own personality. You used to be able to get them at Mars Music, which was like GC junior, but they went out of business. Check the ESP website for a list of U.S. dealers; they may not have many ESP's in stock, but they could probably order you anything you are willing to buy sight unseen

Comment

A real ESP eclipse is the only Les Paul alternative I kinda like, it has enough of it's own personality. You used to be able to get them at Mars Music, which was like GC junior, but they went out of business. Check the ESP website for a list of U.S. dealers; they may not have many ESP's in stock, but they could probably order you anything you are willing to buy sight unseen

ya I have a dealer near me but they only carry a limited few for so often. I just happened to walk in on Saturday when they had the M-II there. They told me they had had it for only 4 days before I bought it. And that is usually the case, they just fly off the walls. So come on ESP, help a brother out and ship us your guitars!!!! Or at least make them more available online or something

My kids are older now and have all shot hundreds of rounds thru my shotguns and handguns. They know how to use them and I'm not worried about them playing cowboys and indians with them.

you know whats classy as ****************? ****************ing your wife in the ass and telling the internet beforehand!

Comment

I agree, ESP (non LTD) are fantastic guitars. There are some models available overseas too that I wish they'd make available here (Reindeer).
              Any problem can be solved by the suitable application of nuclear weapons.

XT Brotherhood

Comment

I agree, ESP (non LTD) are fantastic guitars. There are some models available overseas too that I wish they'd make available here (Reindeer).

ya like their rendition of an explorer. I see em on ebay but theres no way in hell im gonna fork over $2000+ for an explorer. They're awesome guitars and a well known company, I think they are missing out on a huge market

Comment

Sam Ash here carrys the Eclipse II for $1300.
                  Damn Right I got the BLUE'S

Ordinary . CAN BE . EXTRAORDINARY.. follow your DREAM!

Comment

Gibson is probably standing in the way of ESP doing a major distribution deal with companies like GC, I've seen it before in the UK the bigger stores get shafted by Gibson if they stock certain other brands. Ibanez have had issues for years with Sound Control (UK version of GC), and ESP are nowhere to be seen.

The best bet is a good quality independent dealer, it also depends where you live, I dare say you can get ESPs fairly easily in LA and NY city.
                    PRS Custom 24
                    PRS CE24 FOR SALE
                    Suhr S3

PRS Crusader

Comment

Probley because the LTD's sell better then the ESP's. Actual ESP's are expensive compared to LTD's.

Comment

Sam Ash here carrys the Eclipse II for $1300.

samash...is it just on online store, or does it have some sort of physical store somewhere in amerca?

i'm canadian...so dont know much of it
                        FOR SALE: Dean SOLTERO, AGILE AL3100, AGILE AL3000, Ibanez RG321mh

WoweeZowee created the Agile HARM III

My gear:

2009- Dean Soltero Standard in TBA
                        2009- Godin 5th Avenue Cognac burst
                        2008- Agile AL 3100 Blue flame emg
                        for part II SC II click: here
                        2007- Crafter SA Rosewood Hybrid w/ Peizo and single coil pickup
                        2007- Ibanez RG321mh with reversed headstock
                        2006- Agile AL 3000 slim neck rootbeer

Comment

Gibson is probably standing in the way of ESP doing a major distribution deal with companies like GC, I've seen it before in the UK the bigger stores get shafted by Gibson if they stock certain other brands. Ibanez have had issues for years with Sound Control (UK version of GC), and ESP are nowhere to be seen.

The best bet is a good quality independent dealer, it also depends where you live, I dare say you can get ESPs fairly easily in LA and NY city.

Stupid Gibson . . . so much to dislike, if only they didn't make my favorite guitar well at least I will be able to get more than the $900 I paid for my LP classic when I decide to sell it (thanks to their monopoly)

Comment

samash...is it just on online store, or does it have some sort of physical store somewhere in amerca?

i'm canadian...so dont know much of it

They have actual stores. I'm not a big fan of theirs to be honest. There is one in North Jersey I go to, it's near my relatives house I go to for the holidays and ****************. The relatives drive me nuts, so I just go there and bull**************** for a couple of hours at a time. It's somewhere near Edison or Brunswick, not too sure(I haven't been there in about 2-3 years).

Huge selection of stuff though. Good holiday sales(atleast on drum stuff I've bought), but the staff isn't exactly knowledgeable.
                            Good dealin with:
                            Dean Roddey

Pending dealin with:
                            Dr. Scottie C

Originally Posted by Dr. Scottie C

Here's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say...
                            "I'm sending my junior to Maryland to get played with by Mr. Balls."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LlSgcPK4M5A
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=n2zBY8cKixo
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=FtIy4ZKA9Vw
                            (For all in America, check out this guy and his band Passafire. Currently touring nationally with Pepper.)

Comment

I would say come to canada but our dollar would rape you because everything here is already overpriced.
                              My Rig:2003 Gibson SG Special Faded Worn Brown w/ Crescent Moon inlays2006 Epiphone Limited Edition G-400 Goldtop **FOR SALE**2002 Epiphone Vintage G-400 w/ EMG 81/851991 Ibanez RG560 w/ EMG s/s/85

Comment

Working...
                              X