NGD: Blade Texas Standard Pro Strat

ArKay

• Members

It's a special edition they made for a shop so it was a lot cheaper than what it usually goes for. I don't know whether Blade made it or if they were made in the shop's factory, trying to find out. The specs are the same and it's of very high quality so it's probably made by Blade in Japan. :D

Body Wood North American Alder

Neck Wood Hard Rock Maple

Nut Self-Lubricating

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Outstanding score sir, well caught :cricket smilie:

Assembled in japan from eastern parts and QC'd in Switzerland and at that price a good buy, and that matches your 62 Tele?

Yes, I resisted the temptation of the Olympic White :D It's a lot darker than the Fender tele which is probably why Fender Japan calls it "Old Lake Placid Blue". This thing has an amazing neck and great, great QC. I can't believe that I got it for

• Members

I've played one of the Teles....brilliant, but the vintage frets I can't get on with, I really can't figure out why they don't sell more....OK I can, shit marketing, but that apart, theyre the modern day Fenix without a doubt, they wet all over Fender MIM and IMO are as good as an MIA, I see theres a nice Oly White Delta (Tele) going as well, still under 200 quid atm

Yes, those vintage tele frets are really tiny. I think the '62 is my only guitar with such small frets.

tl62b82tx_06.jpg

They are bigger on this strat though, probably medium.

Yeah, must be the marketing, barely anyone seems to know about the brand (see this thread sink??? :lol: ). If I were in the market for a tele I wouldn't hesitate to give the Blade a try.

200 quids is a steal! I secretly hope that they will not get any more popular :lol:

• Members

Well this runs counter to the idea of cleaning up a bit now doesn't it???

Looks gorgeous!!! Out Fender's Fender!!!
:thu:

I will, I will. Have another one coming (a 3 P90s strat by Vintage). I can barely move in my room anymore. :cry:

• Members

Thanks all :wave:

A guy that played guitar for me for a year or so is a Blade endorser. He had the Tele you mentioned. Very nice guitar. The Strat you've found looks very nice, indeed!! Congrats.

Wow, I didn't even know that they were sold overseas. I thought that they were only known in Europe (and even here they are not that popular). Sweet! :)

• Members

That's fantastic! I've ALWAYS wanted a Blade! MF used to sell them several years ago, and I've always lusted after them since. Congrats!

Thanks. Again, lack of popularity I guess :( They have a distributor in the US so they should still be available there, but I only saw a few old ones on eBay. :freak:

• Members

That's fantastic! I've ALWAYS wanted a Blade! MF used to sell them several years ago, and I've always lusted after them since. Congrats!

Yup... I was in HS then and I wanted ANY electric guitar. Hell, I even dug that Rouge aluminum guitar. :D

HNGD!

Archived