What really sucks about Musicians Friend: Poor fulfillment/tracking

KwadGuy

• Members

I know all the horror stories on this board about MusiciansFriend. Things have gotten a bit better in recent weeks. But here's something that absolutely SUCKS about MF: Their order fulfillment/tracking system is complete crap. I'd say about 25% of the time I don't get any notification that an order has been shipped until the order is already in my hands. Another 50% of the time, I never get ANY shipping notification--the order just mysteriously arrives. Even the order tracking on the website is worthless and often doesn't even note that stuff has been shipped (and never lists the actual tracking number).

Since they purchased Music123--who had a decent order tracking/shipping/notification system--you would think they'd get up to speed on that front...But...nope...

• Members

There is a guy on this forum who is an MF supervisor, screen name Broncomino. He's a stand up guy and he was able to credit my account for a shipping issue. PM him.

Well, it's not that there's a problem with shipping costs or anything. It's just that I order stuff and then I have to sit around and cross my fingers and hope it actually shipped, because no indication that it has shipped ever appears anywhere (email, on their website). I can't track it; I don't even know if it was in stock or not. It just shows up one day.

That's not too good IMHO.

Before the changeover, Music123's system was WAY better.

• Members

I hate MF and anything else connected with the GC conglomerate. That said, I recently took advantage of the $999 '57 Reissue Strat Commemorative offer and was amazed at MF: the guitar shipped the day I ordered it; I got an immediate e-mail with accurate tracking info; it arrived on time (in three days); and it was perfect. Not my typical MF experience to be sure.

• Members

I've ordered a few things from MF, but not within the last year or so. Never had a problem with them. Everything was shipped in a timely manner and well documented. One or two orders I had shipped from different warehouses, with some items arriving maybe a day or two apart - in this case it SHOULD be notated on any paperwork you receive, as it was with my orders.

• Members

My only issue has been an order that I cancelled TWICE that still showed up on my doorstep, card was credited, etc. They took the return, but it galls me that I spoke with two humans that evidently ignored the request to cancel within 1 hour of ordering and 3 hours respectively.

• Members

I think that MF screwed up by continuing to take orders while they were moving into the new warehouse. I believe that is why so many orders were never processed in a timely fashion, and the people pulling the stock probably had a hell of a time finding everything!

All MF had to do was close down temporarily, make the move, and ensure that all stock was in its proper place in the warehouse before taking new orders. It seems like the bosses were afraid to lose sales during the move. Now however, the idiots lost a lot of customers because of their poor planning.

A local KFC chicken joint was pretty small, so it was torn down and they're putting up a larger building. BUT, they're not selling wings in the parking lot during the construction!

Archived