The "PEDALS YOU'VE BOUGHT BUT BARELY USE" Thread

GAS Man

• Members

I'll start off -

These are pedals I don't necessarily want to part with, after all, they don't take up much space in my world, but they usually sit idle.

In order of most neglect:

1) Boss Flanger - too wild for me, the occasional flanging I may want I can get from my AD60VTX or my ToneLab

2) DOD Grunge - To me it's good for a few laughs and then box it back up. Now made by DigiTech

3) Boss Metal Zone - This one I actually need to play with some more since it's been a while, but it seemed a bit over the top and didn't sound particularly organic to my ears. I'd use it more if there was such a thing as backing off the gain on this thing so I could just use it as a EQ boost, but no go on this extreme machine.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marshall Jackhammer Distortion-Need to play with it more, wasn't too impressed with it the 1st time around. Still in box.

Behringer Ultra Flanger- Sounds good, just don't use flanging much.

Dunlop Wah- I break it out once in a while, but I get all of my funky wah sounds from a DOD Envelope Filter these days.

• Members

Voodoo Labs Chorus pedal (gets only occasional use)

Radial Tonebone Hot British Distortion (I don't really find myself reaching for it too much).

Ibanez TS808 Reissue.

I'm not really a pedal guy. My only other pedal that I gets regular use is my Digidelay.

• Members

Dunlop Wah- I break it out once in a while, but I get all of my funky wah sounds from a DOD Envelope Filter these days.

Actually, me too

I hesitated to put it in my original list because I really like them, but I rarely ever pull it out and hook it up. I also have a DOD Envelope Filter which I play with from time to time. But despite my little use with the Dunlop Wah, I would still buy one again.

• Members

Actually, me too

I hesitated to put it in my original list because I really like them, but I rarely ever pull it out and hook it up. I also have a DOD Envelope Filter which I play with from time to time. But despite my little use with the Dunlop Wah, I would still buy one again.

I'm on my second Dunlop Wah. Lost my first and had to have another one. Pedal collection just feels incomplete without one. Which version of the DOD do you have, the 2 or 3 knob?

• Members

I'm on my second Dunlop Wah. Lost my first and had to have another one. Pedal collection just feels incomplete without one. Which version of the DOD do you have, the 2 or 3 knob?

It's a 3 knob. I seem to recall I picked it up fairly cheap on some MF blow out deal.

• Members

Toadworks Mr Ed Protoype, Protone Pipedream, Danelectro Shift Daddy, Jacques Fuseblower, Fender Blender, Womanizer, Ubermetal, H&K Warp Factor ... damn I have waaaay too many pedals - thats just the top of the unused pile. Don't ask for the complete list ...

I like my Fulltone '70, Expandora II, Hao Sole Pressure & Rust Drive ... and maaaybe the Hot British ... DL-4

I think I need a decent amp!

• Members

Of all my effects, I don't use the DS-1 much. It's off my board right now. It is one of my older effects though. I pretty tend to do a lot of research now, and everything I have purchased in the last 6 months or so gets used. One pedal I expected to use more was the Dunlop Crybaby Classis/fasel. I don't use it much, not sure why. I was given an EHX Mini Q-tron recently, and that thing is cool as hell. Almost makes the wah obsolete.

• Members

I have never used pedals, but just recently got the urge to start playing around with them and planning on getting two I found that seem like they would fit what I play: the digitech Clapton Crossroads pedal and the digitech screamin' blues pedals.
Of course, once I get them and play with them a bit, they'll probably both end up being pedals for me to post that I don't use.......

Archived